cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBS generating and compiling on 7.31 for 7.0 track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  NWDI experts

My NWDI is based on 7.0 hosts both JDK1.4 and 1.6 for 7.0 and 7.3 tracks respectively.

But the CBS is generating and building 7.31 code and giving errors for a 7.0 track.

The Build Variant , CBS Visual Admin settings for both JDKs and Track Dependencies are looking fine. But I am not sure why CBS is generating 7.31 code and giving compile time issues for the track DCs.. may I know how can we fix these issues?

When I check the build log in CBS , it seems it is using WD Plugin version 7.30 SP1 to generate the source code for WD project and giving compile time issues.

Build Plugin 'WebdynproPlugin', Version 7.30 SP 1 (NW731CORE_01_REL, built on 2011-09-17 17:11:55 +0200, CL155733)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

show us what you have configured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Here is the CBS Visual Admin settings. I donot have anything added in the Build Variant. Please let me know if you need any other details.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this truck is newly created?

Former Member
0 Kudos

old track, it was working fine 3 months back.

suddenly I see that the DCs are broken and Build log is giving lot of errors at build time in CBS.

But when I checkout the code into my NWDS , it is fine. I am not sure what happened to CBS.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any suspicious action performed on that track recently?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per I know, there was no suspicious action on this track.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suhaas,

please provide the track setup (i.e. the SCs and their dependent SCs where we can also see the release versions --> cms webui -- track data tab -- send a screenshot about the table at the bottom. Expand all relevant nodes so we can see all the components).

Further, please provide the complete build log, not only one line of it.

Thank you and Best Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I checked the track's dependencies in Development and Consolidation tabs, I found that one of our team imported a Dependency (EP_BUILDT/) with 7.31 for this 7.0 track and I am thinking thats why all the DCs are failing to build.

The track was working fine 3 months back and this 7.31 dependency (EP_BUILDT/)was imported in March.

Could you please let me know , how can I delete this 7.31 dependency (EP_BUILDT/)?

I am trying to import 7.0 version of the same, but it is giving error that already the higher version is imported.

Component (Vendor/Name/Location/Counter sap.com/EP_BUILDT/SAP AG/20090815234300) specified in the file (/usr/sap/xxx/CMS/inbox/EPBUILDT20_0-10003786.SCA) has already been imported into the system (Domain/Name xx/xxxxx_D) in a higher version.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

indeed the check-in tab lists all the releases and SPs of an SC having the same name.

Please trigger a "Restore ..." on the Development and Consolidation tabs and reimport the software with the correct release and sp.

If this is not helping you can go for the buildspace reset approach you can read about more at:

(NWDI)(CBS) How to "reset" CBS buildspaces - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SC...

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ervin, one question

Should I delete the _D build space and perform the steps said in the WIKI?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

delete both D and C. resaving the track will recreate empty buildspaces anyway. After that you can refill the buildspaces by using import to D and C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I have deleted the build space but still I am getting the error when I try to import  EPBUILD for 7.0

1. Deleted the Build Space _D and _C

2. Click on Development Tab -> Click on Restore, Click on Restore again in the popup

3. I got all the Dependencies thats need to be imported , deleted the 7.31 based Dependency.

4. I went back to Check in tab, tried to check in the EPBUILD for 7.0 and getting the below error again.

Component (Vendor/Name/Location/Counter sap.com/EP_BUILDT/SAP AG/20090815234300) specified in the file (/usr/sap/xxx/CMS/inbox/EPBUILDT20_0-10003786.SCA) has already been imported into the system (Domain/Name xx/xxxxx_D) in a higher version. 

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

as already been imported into the system (Domain/Name xx/xxxxx_D) in a higher version.

yes, I expected that error, no worries, you can solve that problem using the note:

#973346 - CMS Support tool: Support for special DB queries

Check point 4 in this note.

Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

by the way do not get confused by "higher version". That does not refer to higher version as release or SP. It is a different kind of version number. Simply proceed as the note describes.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ervin, thanks for your help, I am able to resolve all the issues.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Suhaas,

Good news! I am glad to hear it! 😉

Regards,
Ervin