Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixed PPM/PDS resource consumption and fixed PPM/PDS material consumption

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

hi experts

while going through help.sap to find out the meaning of linear optimization i came across two phrases  ""fixed PPM/PDS resource consumption and fixed PPM/PDS material consumption""   i have worked on SCC03 PPM and curto_simu PDS   but i couldn't make out what these phrases means . my perception is that every shop floor  operator is given a target to produce certain number of quantities  per shift on a production line .Does these phrase means that ??  or it has some other connotation. ?? 

experts can you please provide clarity on those phrases.what does it actually mean ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Fixed PPM consumption is the fixed time required independent of quantity produced.

Material consumption is the quantity produced in time given in variable consumption field in PPM/PDS.

Time required to produced material consumption quantity = Fixed cons + variable cons

regards

Kishor

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

sahu it is even more confusing see  "Fixed PPM consumption is the fixed time required independent of quantity produced."" 

fixed time of what ??   is it the resource timing or shift timing

Time required to produced material consumption quantity = Fixed cons + variable cons

can i say it is the time required to produce a given  lot size quantity ??

sahu would  you please put it in very layman terms.