Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Type selection

former_member211589
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I understand that we can maintain the storage type in WM views of Material master for putaway and also in customization in table T334.

My question is if both are maintained which will take the precedence?

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Before answering your question, one thing to clarify is: We do not maintain the Storage types in Material Master but the Storage type Indicators in Material Master WM view.

Based on the Warehouse - storage type Indicator Combinations,  we will assign the Storage types in Storage type search sequence or Table T334T.

So In Order to Pick / Put away a Material automatically, both the storage type Indicators and Search Strategies needs to be maintained properly.

Thanks,

Sai Arala.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  I understand that we can maintain the storage type in WM views of Material master for putaway and also in customization in table T334.

No, you don't maintain the storage type in WM views, you maintain data specific to that storage type (i.e fixed bin, rounding quantity, max storage capacity per bin).

Storage Type determination for putaway is always done via T334T, using the field Stock Placement. It's a common misconception to think "Stock Placement" is a Storage Type but it's not, it's just a determination key.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read this doc, will help you to understand how things work in SAP WM.
SAP WM Module | SAP Warehouse Management System

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

To be very specific, Material master takes the first preferance and then it enter your T334T table and try to find the right seqence of storage type. The Storage type which you maintain in the material master is actuallly the key in finding right sequence of storage type. You can also config the key as search key to find the right ST search choice.One which is maintained in the material master act as a indicator in the T334T , based on that further you can drill down and give your own choice of priority for putaway.

You will find the 1 storage type,  2 storage type......etc on your right side, which is nothing but check 1 as 1st priority and check 2 as 2nd priority and so on.Please find the snap shot, hope you get clear understanding.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The Storage type which you maintain in the material master is actuallly the key in finding right sequence of storage type.

I'm sorry but that is a common misconception.  The 011 to the left is not a storage type, it is a storage type determination key, that can have a value that doesn't correspond to a storage type.

The element type of the left field is LVS_LGTKZ, while the element type of the right (the Storage Type) is LGTYP. They are not the same thing.

I've found that people new to WM will confuse the two, and that's why usually they share the same codes, but it's very important that people know the difference between the two.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

You can determine which search sequence is used by entering the corresponding entry (Operation = E = entry) of the T334t table in the WM1 tab under "Stype for putaway". Same logic goes for Operation A and on the WM1 tab "Stype for stock removal".

This means the entry in the MM does not only look at the Stype you entered, but it checks all entries you may have for that key entry in the T334t table.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are mixing things.

The storage type organisation level in a material master holds storage type specific data as a template and to control transactions  like other views of a material master too.

But the storage type level in a material master is used if go with fixed bin strategy

Without fix bin strategy you do not need this view in the material master at all.

And the storage type search sequence from T334T is not needed if you use fixed bin strategy