cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project number with no year at the end

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PPM Experts,

We want a system generated PPM project number without the 'year' extension at the end of it. I.e. the last 4 digits for the current year (e.g. 2014) should not appear at the end of the number. Is this possible without an enhancement?

For the number range object ‘DPR_EXTID’ (Tx. SNRO), I do see option ‘To-year flag’.  Currently it is grayed out and ‘unchecked’.

Did anyone use this option earlier?  How can it be made editable and can it stop the year to appear at the end of the project number?

Regards,

Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately this is not possible without an enhancement. I believe you are referring to number range object RPM_EXTID? We had a similar requirement and what we did was let the system generate the number as standard and we simply removed the last 4 digits using an enhancement which made the development relatively simple.

Hope that helps,

Lashan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi. Closing the thread.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

If your queries are answered, please close the thread by choosing the correct answer. If you have resolved your query on your own, then share with the community and choose your post as correct answer.

This helps members to know quickly the answers for the post for which they are searching.

Refer below blog for further details on closing the thread.

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

My question is not answered yet. Especally this part -

"For the number range object ‘DPR_EXTID’ (Tx. SNRO), I do see option ‘To-year flag’.  Currently it is grayed out and ‘unchecked’. Did anyone use this option earlier?  How can it be made editable and can it stop the year to appear at the end of the project number?"

Let's keep it open for a week & then I will close. Hope you are fien with that.

Regards,

Bhushan

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

I think the below thread addresses your question. Have a look at this.

Regards,

Ravi