cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a team user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

My teammates would prefer to stay anonymous on SCN. We had the idea of creating a team user. It would show that the post is coming from a SAP employee without revealing their personal information. Some people don’t want to be found on Google

How can I create a team user?

Regards,

Jean-Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you do not use your SAP user ID or SAP email, then you can create a user like the vast majority does, just by using a web mail ID. it is up to you how much information you make visible, these are just settings in your user profile.

However, you will probably miss some privileges, e.g.  the first blog is going into moderation.

Your answers have less weight than they usually have with a SAP icon next to the user name.

A team user is never a good idea as you would need to share the password. I am actually more concerned about the security of my password than anything else nowadays.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181915
Contributor
0 Kudos

Regardless of whether you decide to be anonymous and set up a user with a personal email account, you should not set up a shared account. By doing so, you open yourself  up to the risk that one of the team members will post something you would not be comfortable with. However, the account could come back to you, if you created the personal email, and the content could be linked to you.

Consider this:

- You and 2 friends set up and use the same "team account"

- One of the 2 friends gets angry with you and starts posting inappropriate content.

- SCN has to delete the account and all of the content, points and badges.

- You lose all of the work you have done.

There could also be legal ramifications if one of the 3 friends posted copyright material without the author's permission.

Bottom line, we discourage the use of shared accounts.

Please don't do it.

Best,

Jeanne

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What made you to think like this? SAP employees have always SAP logo in their profile. I don't think so you can take both simultaneously. Either you have to show your identity if you want to show that you are an SAP employee or you have to go with Jurgen's suggestion and make a shared account with some Google or yahoo etc email ID. With this you won't be able to show that you are SAP's employee but as Jurgen said you can add this in your profile but without SAP logo.

Thank$

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a professional site, as Gali noted, so if you don't want Google to find something you post here then just don't. Under any user ID.

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Nicolas,

SCN is a professional community and we encourage our members to be themselves. We would not recommend team users. Although, we understand that not everyone feels comfortable sharing online, it does help most people to know that others are also representing themselves, even when English is not their first language or they don't normally do so. Each member can then be seen as an SAP employee and earn their reputation.

We would encourage those who do feel comfortable to jump in and perhaps help those who don't.

Feel free to reach out to me directly by mail if I can help in that regards.

Gali