cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues we may encournter after converting DSO to HANA Optimized

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

we're planning to implement HANA in our project.

we have been noticed that we may land in problems if we convert standard DSO to Hana Optimized.

can  someone help me what needs to be taken care ?

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ratnakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

Either the DSO is HANA optimized or not the activation will take place in the DB Layer.The diff between HANA optimized DSO and normal DSO is below mntioned

HANA Optimized: Active table and active & activation queues are columned based tables in case of active table a temporal join will be there as this was divided into three diff tables HIstory,Main & delta tables.And change log table will nnot be there in BW but a columnar view will be created in DB like metadata.whenever we want to see the contents of the Change log a call be sent over to history table of Active table to get the data.

For each set of entries available in the change log, The activation algorithm calculates the delta records, even though the activation doesn’t change the record(i.e no delta came in the req, its old record still the algorithm calculates the delta value which was waste of time and time increases as the volume grows).

Normal DSO: All the tables are columnar tables and available in BW. The activation takes place in DB.As the storage type is columnar data loading is same as that of HANA Optimized DSO.This is the reason why on initial Versions of 7.3 we have the option HANA Optimized and in later versions of BW we can't see option which was made obsolete and SAP recommends keep the DSO as it is and get the benefited from the in memory capabilities of HANA.

one more suggestion immediately after DB migration before doing any actions in BW try to run a consistency program to check the inconsistencies in the tables to avoid further errors.Please find the below Program.

RSDU_TABLE_CONSISTENCY

follow the note: 1695778 for more details.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/32/5e81c7f25e44abb6053251c0c763f7/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

What sort of problems do you think you can face? as far as i know the following steps happens when

converting stdso to ho dso

the active data table will be moved to the data  base level as the activation time will be decresed

while convertting the normal dso to ho dso you have option with or with out change log so if u need past data you can choose with changelog.. apart from this "we have been noticed that we may land in problems if we convert standard DSO to Hana Optimized." i dont understand your concern could you eloborate..