cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition types doubling/tripling/...when sales documents created with reference to other documents

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I create a sales order with reference to a Quote, the pricing condition types are duplicating. Same is happening when subsequent documents like Billing, credit memo request and credit memo are created. Particularly, the condition types  are doubled/tripled/.... in the subsequent documents. Because of this, pricing net value is calculated wrong. For example, freight charges getting added twice. I searched the forum and found similar issue was discussed at   raised by forum member

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, I am not sure, whether you adopt standard document types, item categories and pricing procedure.  If so, I am sure, you would not have faced this issue.

I strongly feel, you need to revisit your configuration especially copy control settings where some zee routines would have assigned.  Since you have shared screen shot between a quote and order, check in VTAA for these document types, what settings are maintained both at header level and at item level.  Also in the sale order condition tab, check in Analysis, what message system is showing for duplicate condition type ZRP3.  Share that also

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi for your fast response. We just copied one of the existing Z-Quote type (which is working without any issue for years), and created a new quote type for this new SAP deployment. Checked VTAA settings and all looks good (still possible, I might be missing something). I observed this behavior for all other existing business processes also (like other sales area pricing/different pricing procedures). One of the options I can think of is just delete the quote and move to our test system, then test without quote. Then add new quote type/copy control and move to test system for further testing.

Other possibilities I am looking at is we have additional whole new configuration for another business related to Project system-SD related (pricing/routines/document types) for handling government contracts. We are also investing in that settings.

I will update the forum if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva,

As Lakshmipathi suggested, it could be because of some custom development and in copy control.

As you said, creating a sales order without reference is very important.

In the above sales order with ref. to quote; if you click pricing type and choose B or D, is there any change in net value?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adithya_velide
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi. Shiva.

just want to ask you have you guys updated the version. If you do that this kind of errors may occur.

normally when you create the document with reference to another document pricing will be copied as we know. But just want to let u know if you maintain another condition type for freight  in the same pricing procedure as manual condition type then system will determine both of the condition types.

And the remaining fields which are disabled those are statistical values so will not updated...

regards,

adithya...

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue has been identified. As mentioned before, we have parallel project running (project system-SD related) and the installation for a third party vendor software has couple of optional enhancements related to the pricing functionality. One of the enhancement has caused this issue and we have removed the coding and the system works as expected. So no issue with SAP standard pricing functionality/copy control settings.

Thank you all for your kind responses.

Regards,

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Of course we have tried to find all the way to replicate the same, but unfortunately we could not.

This is very random and not sure how and when it is happening. While I questioned the same to SAP Labs, I had the reply with no solution.

I have checked copy controls, condition type ( which were just copies of the standard), Item category, schedule lines, access sequence, even if I have missed anything in this list, checked everything...but wondering how this happend !

The only alternate method we adopted is, cancell the document and create the fresh one, thats all at the moment.

If ever I could replicate and recorded the reason, I would update.

Kind Regards,

Sridhar.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Sridhar. In our case, we are able to replicate, so hopefully SAP can do some investigation on this. I initially thought this may be due to EHP6 upgrade (which was done couple of weeks before), however we don't have this issue in our production system. I will update in the forum once the issue is resolved.

Again thanks for your response.

Kind regards,

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I can say the similar upgrade we had arround the time when this error occured.

what was the scenario, and how did you replicate?

If you have observed one notable thing is - all the condition types which duplicated were Z Conditions, and the standard conditions were never duplicated at least in my case.

if you can throw about the business process?

As you have mentioned order created with reference to quote was only the straight forward scenario?

However it would be great to understand how the condition types were doubled/trippled.

Kind Regards,

Sridhar.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what was the scenario, and how did you replicate?

It is a configuration for a new project (France country), however we found that the same issue popping up for existing business processes also. As for replicating, we just tried the same procedures, the issue is found in subsequent documents.

If you have observed one notable thing is - all the condition types which duplicated were Z Conditions, and the standard conditions were never duplicated at least in my case.

In our case even standard condition types like MWST, SKTO, GRWR, VPRS also shows duplicating.

if you can throw about the business process?

As you have mentioned order created with reference to quote was only the straight forward scenario?

I tested other scenario also, like creating a sales order, then delivery and then billing. In this case in billing document, the condition types are duplicating. If I create a credit memo request against the billing document, then it further duplicating.

I am not sure what is causing this. I initially thought it may be copy control settings pertaining to the new project, however other business documents also has the same issue. Other business are using different document types.

Thanks for your follow-up.

Regards,