cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance cycle - Charm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have to implement charm in our company and complete process is working fine. I have issue in the flow of maintenance cycle. We change the status from dev with release to Test and then to Go live but can't revert back status to dev with release for the next change document. Can we have document on flow of status in maintenance cycle?

Secondly I am not able to change the number range for charm z transaction type. By default assigned is 80000000000 series, I have created another series 6000000000 but when i assign to z transaction type in workcenter, somehow it doesn't get saved and instead revert back to 80000000 series.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sushant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant Goel, First understand if you are using Normal Change then only you to change the phases of maintance Cycle. If you are using Urgent Change Keep the phase of cycle as "Development WIth Release". And if you are using both then for normal change TR to PROD system you have to close the Maintnace cycle and create New one. Once you will create the New maintance cycle all the Previous Urgent or Normal Change will get attched to it. And for number Range Just go to SNUM tran and eter the value. Regards, Shashank Sahu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

1. try to change the phase of the project cycle without assigning any Change Document to it .

2. Number Ranges

"Before you can begin using Change Request Management transaction types, you must ensure that a number range is defined for these transaction types. The number range interval determines the sequential numbers assigned to newly created transactions. "

To do so you can use transaction SNUM and enter CRM_SERVIC as the number range object.

The number range interval which the system uses is defined in the transaction customizing in the Transaction Numbering section.

Please check the below link for more details in 3.2.7

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001056012011E.PDF (3.2.7)

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

Thanks for you reply.

1. My project phase is Development without release while maintenance cycle document is in go live preparation phase. All the change documents in cycle are closed but still maintenance cycle status is not getting changed.

The number range interval which the system uses is defined in the transaction customizing in the Transaction Numbering section.

Our Solution Manager is 7.1 sp08 and i am not able to find the above settings. Could not able to resolve the issue. Any other way --

Regards

Sushant