cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR04 - Weekly report BAPI for change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have WDJ applications for Weekly Reports managing (creation, modification, delete and approval). They are working well but I need to implement some improvements to modification one.

Actually when the user modifies the weekly report mi RFC FM deletes the report and creates new one, this causes that trip numbers increase exponentially. Our customer asks to us to implement a different way to do this. I’m searching for a BAPI/FM that allows me to change the weekly report without deleting It before.

I’ve tried with FM HRTRV_IF_MODIFY_TRIP but as it execute a PR01 call transaction, the process fails.

Does anyone know how to change weekly reports without deleting it first?

BI over PR04 is not an option.

Regards,

Gregory.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no official BAPI to do this but you can try PTRA_WEB_EXPENSE_REPORT_SAVE_2 which is called by standard ESS web dynpro.

Hope this helps.

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu, thanks for your answer.

I've tried to use the FM you suggest me but it returns an error message: Weekly reports (trip schema SP) cannot be edited in SAP EP (PTRA_WEB_INTERFACE158).

I guess there's no other way than delete and re-create the weekly report.

Regards,

Gregory.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

are you aware that the java version is not recommended by SAP?

Means the development has ended since years and only maintenance are provided until year "X".

I would not invest to much to enhance this version. I would spend the effort in changing to WebDynpro for ABAP where you get weekly, monthly reports etc. out of the box.

Or even better: SAP announced that Fiori UI is available without any extra license cost.

OK the newest technology/product has always a little bit of gaps and errors but with this you are secure to spend your effort on the actual technology ....

Best regards,

Sigi