Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT Scenario in question: ECC -> SLT-> HANA DB

aluri_hemanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Issue : I need propose a scenario where we need to recover the data in a table in case of any failure occurs (where point in time recovery is not possible) or there is mismatch in Target database (HANA) when compared to ECC source system.

The following are key constraints:

• Re-Replicate the table by stopping the replication and starting  again is not an option.
  • Data from BW is being replicated on real time and customer has mission critical reporting which does not allow downtime.

(in case of re-conciliation issue 1 hr downtime may be allowed as exception)

I have reviewed the documentation available and did not find any clear solution (steps) for recovery. How can we recover in the case of above scenario where replicating the tables again is not an option?

Please provide your viewpoint as this will be helpful in fast tracking the solution.

Regards,

Hemanth Aluri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you cannot recover to the last point in time, you can use the
replication logging feature that is available with the DMIS 2011 SP6.

Replication logging can be switched on for  all tables of a
complete configurations
via the checkbox ‘Activate Replication Logging’  at
the time  when the configuration is created

The SLT Application Operation Guide describes:

• If you need to activate replication logging for an
    existing configuration, or if you want to deactivate replication logging, you
    need to adjust some entries in the SAP LT Replication Server configuration
    tables.
  • You can also activate or deactivate replication
    logging for specific tables if required.
  • By default the data retention period is 3 days, you
    can change this either generally per configuration or individually per table

More details in chapter 6 of the Application Operations Guide: Application
Operations Guide

Best,
Tobias

aluri_hemanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your prompt response.I already have  gone through this guide earlier.

The issue is the procedure highlighted in RED is not provided in more detail anywhere or at least I could not locate the same in SDN and SAP provided documentations. Could you please share me if there are any Links,documents in Detail how can I view this data and replicate it again from the SLT server system to the target system ?

• When a table is replicated to the target system, the replicated data can also be saved to database tables in the SAP LT Replication Server system for a configurable period of time. This means if any data is missing from the target system (for instance after a point-in-time recovery of the target system to a previous state), you can view  this data and replicate it again from the SAP LT Replication Server system to the target system.

Regards,

Hemanth Aluri

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you find it via the expert functions in LTRC.

Best,

Tobias

aluri_hemanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your reply. I have access for the system DMIS SP5. Could you please share me a snapshot of Expert functions and the feature that you're sharing in SP6 if you have access to the system ?

Appreciate your help !

Thanks,

Hemanth Aluri

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check DevNews slide 17:

Best,

Tobias

Answers (0)