cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit or hide summary in Travel request ESS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to edit or hide the summary field of estimated cost which the employee can see before he send it for supervisor.

Now in summary it is showing the amount paid before the supervisor approving.

So either I need to edit the "Amount Paid out" to "Amount to be paid" or hide the complete Summary.

How can i do it.

In some other posts I saw we can customize it through Financial Accounting -> Travel Management -> Employee Self Services -> Interface Configuration for Web Dynpro Interface in Travel Management -> Schema and Single Field Control for Web Dynpro.

But I am not clear what to do after reaching there.

Can anyone help me out pls.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can't do it via customizing.

You can do it via enhancement of web dynpro component FITE_VC_REVIEW, view REVIEW_VIEW (set not visible to "amounts_container").

Regards
Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu Chenu,

I understood the point.

I dont want to edit standard sap application. For that reason atleast can you tell me a way to hide the filed "Amount Paid out".

Regards,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Namsheed,

Ok hiding it is easier than modifying it and can be done modification free via web dynpro configuration or personalization. Any field can be hiden in web dynpro framework at runtime using these tools.

If you are not familiar with these concepts ask your ABAP team or google tutorials

(you can start by sap official link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/91/107e2b37244fe7aff5a288d4cdde29/content.htm?frame...).

Hope this helps

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks alot first of all. I will learn it.

I spoke with my ABAP team. They are saying it can done via webdynpro customising, but they are not entertaining that saying its standard sap app.

In the first page, I have edited a label "reason" through customizations.

But I couldn't find for  "Amount Paid Out" in customizations.

This summary page comes once we click on save & send for approval.

Can u pls tell if there is anyway to hide it by customization way.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

I'd highly recommend you to do what Mathieu stated in his first reply. That is:

• create an enhancement for WDYN Comp FITE_VC_REVIEW
  • create a post exit for method WDDOMODIFYVIEW
  • within the post-exit, cast down the UI-Tree (Variable "View") for the Element you want to hide and set it invisible.

This is the cleanest approach you have available and it's a matter of 5 minutes. Enhancements are not modifications. After upgrades, the only thing that will happen in case FITE_VC_REVIEW gets patched, is a broken contract to the parent object which you can renew with a mere few click via TA SPAU_ENH, so the maintenance cost is vanishingly low.

In my opinion, administrative personalization and component customizing, i.e. the alteration of the WDA in runtime should be the last resort and not be chosen over enhancements done in design time. These will be a lot harder to maintain when you're patching your system, be it via SPs or via single corrections.

Last but not least to answer your question. There is a way, which doesn't always work though, to achieve this via customizing which I would not recommend using. I'll put it down nevertheless: The reason it's not customizable in the first place, is because there's no entry available in FITVFELD_WEB. The TA FITVFELD_WEB, though, is nothing else than an entry tool for table T706Z1, so what you can try is adding a respective entry in T706Z1 and hope it is handled by the generic routines of the WD's assistance class. I say "hope" here, because some of the fields are handled generically and some are handled explicitly, that's why it might not work.

Cunclusion: Go for the enhancement, it's 5 mins of work and maybe 10 lines of code tops, your ABAP team will definitely NOT drown in work..

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lukas Weigelt,

We have done enhancement and its worked.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mathieu,

Issue is sloved

Regards,

Namsheed.

Answers (0)