cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation in SAP PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP PI 7.3. I can see in PI Message Monitor Log that many source payload does not contain any data e.g. Header and trailer portion is present in the source payload. No detail section is there. And I can see all these messages are in delivering state.

Now my question is: Is there any way to validate those message means if source payload does not contain any detail section PI system will not procees  further on these messages?

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before jumping into taking action on this .Please try to understand on functional and technical prospective of the interface .

1)Check with source system folks can we expect these kind of scenario's for this interface .?

2)Check with target system folks about these scenarios and ask them whether there front end service will accept these kind of messages to insert into there systems ? If not have a discussion and come for mutual agreeable solution b/w source ,trgt,PI by discussing on various options (stopping at sender side or handling in PI or accepting at target side...)

3)If you want to ignore these kind of messages in PI there are many ways to do so  as above said .

Regards

Venkat

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

you can use the XML/XSD validation for your scenario. Please refer the below blog

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita

You can use a condition in receiver determination or in ICO to check the source message and check for detail portion. If the detail portion is not there, choose the option that ignore the message in PI.

This will stop the message processing in PI and no error messages will be generated.