cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build error after migration - java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are migrating our custom Web Dynpro Java applications from 7.0 to 7.3. All of them are in DCs in NWDI. While importing the project to NWDS, the migration wizard got executed and completed the migration with warnings. But during build, an error as below is thrown:

[wdgen] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.metamodel.core.i18n.TranslatableTextProxy.getResourceType(TranslatableTextProxy.java:197)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.runtime._Resource.vm_dumpTextPool(_Resource.java:135)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.runtime._Resource.v_main(_Resource.java:91)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.runtime.DefaultResource.v_main(DefaultResource.java:80)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.runtime.DefaultResource.doGenerate(DefaultResource.java:56)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.generationfwk.velocity.runtime.CompiledTemplateBase.generate0(CompiledTemplateBase.java:232)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.generationfwk.velocity.runtime.CompiledTemplateBase.generate(CompiledTemplateBase.java:164)

[wdgen] ... 59 more

[wdgen] [Error]   Generation error while processing C:/Install/nwds-extsoa-7.3-EHP1-SP11-PAT0001-win32/eclipse/workspace.jdi/8/t/99D9A0654BAA246BCB6048AFFE54B61A/gen_wdp1/packages/de/anb/hr/web/wdp/ResourceIN_Evaluation.properties (java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException)

[wdgen] [Error]   Generation failed due to errors (2 seconds)

Does anyone knows what the cause could be?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Anoop.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop!

I faced the same problem some days ago. Since I did not find an option to choose a language upon import, I messed around with the files in the WebDynpro DC eclipse project a little bit and finally found a solution that worked for me. Maybe this thread can provide a little help. You might have to exchange "de" with something that fits your locale...

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anoop,

Please check this.

Thanks & Regards,

Patralekha