SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation Rules Not Working for other company codes

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 5 Company codes and only for one FM was activated. now i want to activate FM for all 5 company codes. for which i have assigned the FM area to all 5 company codes. I have also assigned the derivation strategy to all 5 company codes as well. now when i post a transaction for any other company code derivation rules is not being process hence no commitment item or fund center is derived. however for the original company code for which FM was activated in the first derivation rule are working fine means system is deriving commitment item and fund center. can any one tell me why derivation rules are not working for other company codes? do i have to add Company code in source field of derivation strategy? could this be the reason? because in beginning there was no other company code so we did not included any company code field in the first place.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

You will need to assign the derivation strategy to each company code. You will also need to activate the company code in Activate/Deactivate Funds Management. The flag that needs activation is AA Derivation.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

You will need to assign the derivation strategy to each company code. You will also need to activate the company code in Activate/Deactivate Funds Management. The flag that needs activation is AA Derivation.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Assigning Derivation Strategy to each company code is done. what do you mean by activating company codes in active/deactivate funds management and activate flag AA? Could you please guide me through the steps and menu path as i am not an expert.

0 Kudos

Faizan,

Go to  Funds Management Government> Actual and Commitment Update/Integration> Activate/Deactivate Funds Management.

In the screen create an entry for each Company Code and Funds Management Area combination.

Activate the AA Derivtn flag if you want the derivation to be called and the Update flag if you want to update commitments and actuals in FM.

Thanks

Shyam