cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure SAP NW gateway and ECC server

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have installed gateway server in linux server and started the GW instance, now instance is up and running. I want to configure the GW server from ECC server. I checked the sap documents.

Configuring the SAP Gateway - SAP Gateway - SAP Library

Can any one please tell me the step for configure external gateway server and ECC server.

I have installed the standalone gateway instance in Linux server. I need the configuration steps.

Thanks in Advance.

Jose H.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

You may look into below useful documentation which can help in configuration of SAP Gateway with ECC system.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b054074c-d6cf-2e10-8e96-f81869792...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Depak,

I have installed only gw standby instance in linux environment. Do we required to configure RFC connection between GW server and ECC server. If yes please tell me the steps to create RFC connection for back end ecc system. Below steps i performed for GW configuration.

SWPM (SP04)

SAP Kernel 7.20 DVD

SAP Cryptolib.SAR

• Launched the SWPM
  • Chose the option of SAP Netweaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 1 -> Standalone Engines -> Gateway -> Gateway Installation from the SWPM.
  • Provided the path for Kernel NW 7.20 / 7.21 and SAP Cryptolib Library
  • Instance Number chosen for the Installation: 09
  • Installation Completed
  • Started gateway instance.

Regards

Jose H.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There is installation guide for Standalone Gateway installation.

You may refer to that.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000877252012E

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I have ECC server already and newly installed SAP GW gateway instance installed in another server.

I checked the blogs and .

Both blogs saying need to Deploy the Add-Ons IW_BEP, GW_CORE and IW_FND. in gateway server and backend system. My backend system is ECC i can install the add-on in ECC server . how do i deploy Add-Ons IW_BEP, GW_CORE and IW_FND. in gateway server because i am unable to to logon to Gateway server, because there is no central instance available in Gateway server. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong. Please guide me how to do the GW configuration in  this scenario.

Regards

Jose.H.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

It looks like you need steps for configuring SAP gateway service ( not SAP NW Gateway).

For this refer to below SAP note

Note 1010990 - Configuring a Standalone Gateway in an HA ASCS instance

Even though it is for high availability procedure is same for SAP system without HA. In this document use Instance profile to perform the changes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply. If you have any document if you have document. I am unable to find the right document.

Thanks in Advance

Jose H.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Refer to the SAP note mentioned above. it has relevant steps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori