cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Password feature in BO 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement wherein our enterprise users (running on BO 4.1 sp02)will be be able to auto generate their passwords and receive it on their email-id.We also want to setup  security question as a part of validation..I guess using Java SDK is an option..but confused about the security question setup and also password being sent to email id registered..Any ideas or suggestions would be great..

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get the following error on running the Self Serve app on the server.

Any idea on what could be leading to this?

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha Padhee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Tomcat? And if so what is the exact version ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant are you using tomcat 7?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihir,

Yes we are using Tomcat7.Does something needs to be modified..

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha Padhee

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are required to replace the .JAR files that are compatible with your version. Please go ahead and search for them in your installation directory and replace the appropriate .JAR files in your utility. Then deploy it again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks a lot..I will do the same and check

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha Padhee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After adding all the required jar files i am getting a different error..

i.e ClassNotFound Exception

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha Padhee

Former Member
0 Kudos

from which path did you try to copy the jar files?

if not already done, copy all the jars from 'tomcat\webapps\admintools\web-inf\lib\' to the applications 'web-inf\lib' path.

-Nikhil Nair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perform the below Steps;

1. Copy the utility SelfServe to tomcat7/webapps

2. Navigate to tomcat7/webapps/selfserve/WEB-INF/lib

3. For testing copy all the jars from the following two locations and place it inside the lib

<BusinessObjects Istall Dir>\SAP Business Objects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib

<BusinessObjects Istall Dir>\SAP Business Objects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib\external

Note: You should have all the jars from your current BOBJ installation. Take a backup and remove any jars which were present earlier.

4. Restart your application server.

5. Run the application again and check the results.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi,

Thanks for your suggestion..able to run the app now

Do you have any idea on how the security question can be used as a part of validation..

As i don't find anything in CMC to maintain it..:|

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha Padhee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Regarding setting of a security question as part of validation, BusinessObjects do not provide such a feature currently and cannot be achieved through the BusinessObjects SDKs.

For better understanding please refer the guides available at

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41_bip_java_dg_en.zip

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41_bipjava_apiRef_en.zip

You can probably have the security question set at your Portal level rather than BusinessObjects level.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

In addition to whats posted above, you can also check the following link which has the script for download that matches your requirement:

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=92745

This script is meant for XI R2 but works with BI 4.0 & 4.1 with the changes mentioned on the last page of the post, however, prerequisites are that the users' email addresses should be stored in the CMS Database and email server details have to be updated in the script by you.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mihir Tailor

Message was edited by: Mihir Tailor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihir,

Thanks for your reply..Looks good..will test and post again..still have the doubt over

security question..But i guess rest all features should work now....Now have to update the CMS database with the details ..Appreciate your help..

Thanks & regards,

Anuradha Padhee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, except the security question, your requirements are mostly met by the script ! And in my opinion adding security question would be redundant since the new password generated is sent to the email provided in the CMC for the corresponding user automatically and no one can steal others credentials.

-

Mihir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

From BO java SDK perspective  you can take a look at the following example:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-6254

However, it doesnt have option to send password to users email or the security question as per your requirements.

Also, it is meant for 3.1 but you can take a general idea from this.

Regards,

Mihir Tailor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihir,

Thanks for your reply.I went through the document still not clear with security question and

password being sent to email id.Came across self help service password app but that doesn't ask for security question either ..Any help would be appreciated ..

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha Padhee