cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FINSTA01 integration with EDI823

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

We have a requirement in Accounts receivables to use EDI 823 for differernt types of electronic payments such as RTGS , Domestic wire, International wire , ACH etc

My client uses a non SAP system to generate the EDI 823 output after doing the matching of invoices , advices and payments  etc. They do the AR recon in their legacy system and send the matched/reconciled documents to the  SAP .

Their end clients are using SAP ECC 6.0 for Accounts receivables .

In SAP we want to use FINSTA01 , which is the idoc for payments .  I am aware that we need to create IDOC setup  ,but my query is more around whether a middleware such as SAP PI or GENTRAN is needed for the integration or direct posting without any middleware intervention is possible in SAP . Are there any standard adapters or plugins in ECC 6.0 for the same .I would like to know whether we can post an idoc directly to do the AR posting , without any middleware in the end client SAP systems

If it is possible can somebody throw light with steps  including config and prerequisites and also the standard programs if any .For example for lockbox we have  FLB2   and for vendor payments we have F110  etc .

Appreciate responses and points will be given for the suitables replies .

Please advice

Regards

Ramanathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanathan,

If you have a SAP PI system in your landscape , go ahead with SAP PI integration as with PI in place you will have more traceability of the messages exchanged between SAP and non SAP system.

I believe you non sap system (EDI message sender ) sending EDI xml message to PI through HTTP or SOAP adapter for sending a Idoc to ECC system below 3 things should be done in PI system

1. RFC destination (Type 3 ) to receiver ECC system .

2. create a Idoc port (idx1)

3. Reload metadata of Idoc (optional).

On receiver ECC :

Create Logical system (for PI system) and  partner profile

Thanks

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari for the reply .

The idea is the client system  we have is a non SAP system  and this can generate  any kind of message  output ( Xml, txt etc ).

Want to check if there is no PI or middleware , can we integrate the EDI 823 directly in to ECC  6.0 ? If yes what is the setup needed .

OR

Is some middleware mandatory  ( SAP PI , GENTRAN etc ) for converting the EDI 823 to IDOC in SAP ... Please clarify

Thanks in advance for your support .

Ramanathan

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanathan,

ECC is capable of reading file from FTP location/ web service , can ABAP program convert EDI - XML format to required FINSTA01 Idoc (please check with ABAPER regrading this option)

?

AFAIK, use of middleware is not mandatory (depends on project landscape and architecture ). If ABAPER can handle conversion of EDI_XML to FINSTA01 Idoc , you can achieve this in ECC alone.

Note : If you are having a middleware (SAP PI or other that can communicate with SAP system )  in your landscape , i recommend to go for use of middleware.

Thanks

Hari.