Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

safety stock planning

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

hello experts,

i need to maintain a safety stock of 300 pieces everymonth for a given year for a single location (something like reservation) ,what is the recipe to create a safety stock planning in APO

1.In SPRO  what settings has to be done

2.i have the typical ECC master data which can be CIF ed

3.i have created a planning area ,planning version 000

4. in product master MAT1 what fields /tabs should be maintained

5.in location -product master what fields /tabs should be maintaned

6.In resources what fields needs to be maintained

i came across one screen "safety stock planning "  and filled the fields to the best of my knowledge.

would you please help me out from configuration point of view ,how to start from the scratch .and how to run it .i referred to help.sap it is full of theory ,i couldn't  get an complete understanding.would you please help me master safety stock planning .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Since you want to maintain safety stock values month wise, you should use time-dependent safety stock method in APO. Use safety stock method MB in lot size tab of product master in APO. This will allow you to maintain required safety stock values in the planning book time buckets and then you can plan for this safety stock values.

The S methods like SB are static (time-independent method), in this you can maintain the safety stock values in the product master itself, which will be constant throughout..

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Umesh

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

well will try with MB first  thanks sharma

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please confirm if your query is addressed.

Regards,

Umesh

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

yup done will close this thread...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

in help.sap there is an one liner which is very generic "

"help.sap says

Run safety stock planning.

Based on the settings in the location product master, the system calculates the safety stock quantities for the selected product and locations.""

also there are phrases like time dependent and time independent .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but i have created one key figure in planning area from standards for safety stock ..after running the 500 should settle down in that safety stock filed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use safety stock method SB in mat1, lot size tabe , maintain the required quantity and run you planning engine. There is no other setting required.

regards

Kishor

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks sahu ....i will try it out