Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display all Elements in TextEdit

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an Internal table of 100 records. I want to show this in a TextEdit control. I have created a Node1 and an element1. Mapped element1 with TextEdit control. At runtime, it would show only one element instance value. Now how do I get all 100 element instances inside the TextEdit.

Suggestions are welcome

Regards

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

If I have understood your requirement correctly then you want something like this :

Internal Table..say ITAB .. with following entries..

a1

a2

a3

a100

Now you want to display everything in ONE TextEdit control ?? I think you can retrieve all the info concatanate and then set one attribute with this info which has been bound to the TextEdit control ..

Regards,

Anoop

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Anoop. U got me right. I was looking for some exisitng methods. Even I had the same logic behind this. Thanks Anyways.

One more question, How do I break my lines. All my lines come concatenated. Any Idea ?

Regards

Murali

Message was edited by:

Muralidaran Shanmugham

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I am not wrong then what you are asking me is that you would like to have entries in New Line ..?? Well i dont think if this is possible .. because if you try typing some text in TextEdit manually ..the moment you hit ENTER the entry is saved and you can only replace it with new entry and not add another one next to it, unless you want to add it in same line which i now know you dont want...

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Anoop

Message was edited by:

Anoop Singh Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want everything in one line per record,

you should use a datatype string_table for the variable where you store all the values in seperate lines,

i did this with notes to workflow and this works.

grtz

Koen

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Koen. SHall check it out and let u know by tomorrow. Anoop, I will let u know once it is done.

Thanks,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can eg create a node with the same structure and fill it with the lead selection

of your 100 records, set cardinality 1..1 and bind it to the 'selection' node,

this way you'll only have one.

grtz

Koen

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koen,

My requirement is exactly what Anoop has stated.

Regards,

Murali