cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L reconciliation process

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

We are implementing SAP IS-U and client already has ERP system. So on daily basis we do following things to transfer balances to ERP system

1. Run FPG4 - To close all recon keys

2. Run FPG1M - To transfer recon keys to ERP system using IDOC's

So for verification purpose we want to establish some process for verifying this. As of now

a. We can have a look at the log generated by FPG4 and that will tell me which all recon keys got closed and which had error.

b. I can look at application log generated by FPG1M to see which all closed recon keys were transferred successfully and which had error.

Then I can further check in ERP as well if successfully transferred recon keys from IS-U were processed correctly in ERP or not.

But we want something addition to this. Before we initiate job for recon key close, we want to find all eligible recon keys that should be closed and eventually transferred.

What would be best way to get all eligible recon keys in system?

Are there any additional things that we should introduce to make sure G/L transfer process verification is robust?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Suhas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Standard Transaction FPG4 already caters the requirement to get all the eligible reconciliation keys from SAP.

Moreover, to make the GL transfer process more streamline, I would advice you to use Transaction FPO2. This transaction reconciles Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable (FI-CA) with the relevant general ledger (FI), based on the company code and the reconciliation account.

Once all the reconciliation keys are transferred to FI, execute this report and it will tell you the difference  b/w FI-CA and FI (if any)

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can also check which document are closed and transferred to G/L by a creating a simple query(which can be stored in a variant for repeated use ) in table DFKKSUMC

Query1- For recon key not closed

Record counter (SUMSZ)  not equal to "blank"

Entry date (CPUDT)<= current date -1

closed(XCLOS) == "blank"

Query2 -Closed but not transferred

Record counter (SUMSZ)  not equal to "blank"

Entry date (CPUDT)<= current date

Transfer all (XUEVO) == blank

closed(XCLOS) == " x "

You can run this queries after your close and transfer jobs have finished regularly to monitor if any previous recon key have not been closed or transferred .

Further you can use Tcode- BD87 to check if your idocs have been successfully transferred ( in both sender(outgoing idoc) and receiver (incoming idoc) systems )

Both these activities need to be done regularly to ensure both your systems are in sync .

rahul_paldiwal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ravi,

You can use FPG4 in test mode, get a list of eligible recon keys which will be closed and use report FPT7 and FPT5 ,to check the entries in the recon key.

Let me know if this will solve your purpose.

Regards,

Rahul