cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Back Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have been trying to explore write back to BW via Design Studio - unfortunately not found much information on SDN.

Does any one ever implemented this feature ?.

As I understood , Dashboard has write back using SOA framework but it has not been mentioned whether Design Studio will support SOA or if there is any other way if it does not support SOA ( as I believe , if SAP support SOA for dashboard then it should be in support in Design Studio).

Any thoughts here ?.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Praskant,

there is a component available in the SCN community package -- . With it, you can model your application to make AJAX calls to any web service and evaluate the response for reaction in design studio.

the only difficulty is (environment topic): CORS and Authorization - but both can be technically solved.

Regards, Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepa,

SOA is not supported by Design Studio and write back is only possible if you have HANA as database , for other database , it is not supported , may be you should check with SAP if they have any future release which would cover this feature.

Thanks,

Prashant Shah.

shashank_sinha5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please ignore my reply, It was for a different post.

shashank_sinha5
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP moved the content. Here is the new link:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

The lack of standard 'writeback' functionality is something we bumped into as well. With Design Studio 1.3 you could look at possibilities to misuse any IP functionality. Another option is to use the '

APPLICATION.openNewWindow(newUrl)' function. This will allow you to open a new browser window and call any webservice.

In our project we used the HANA XS engine to pass parameter values in the URL and commit values into any HANA schema.

Getting the data into BW can be done in multiple ways, depending on which version you are running.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

With kind regards,

Martijn

shashank_sinha5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Martijn,

Do you have any suggestions to enable workflows in it?

Regards,

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have used the xsjs concept to write back to Hana.But is there any way where we can write back to MS sql database from SAP design studio.

Thanks,

Deepa

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think this is currently possible.