cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EHS Functional Consultant Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All SAP Experts!!!

Seeking help from all of you for enlighten me with inputs for enabling me to take next step as a SAP EHS Functional Consultant Role.

Quick information about myself, I am 43 year young guy, have done my Masters in Chem, Post Graduate Diploma in Safety Health and Environment, Certification in NEBOSH-International General Occupational Health & Safety, Lead Auditor of ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 with 20+ years of industrial experience of implementation of Safety Health and Environmental Management in various industries (Engineering, Oil & Gas, Automobile, Automotive, Chemical, Facility Management & Infrastructure at India, Middle East, South Africa & US) by working and auditing them for respective EHS Standards.

As I have personally used and witnessed usage of many of the EHS related software which were ERP/ SAP based and found them very useful for making an fool-proof arrangement for effective EHS implementation. I did found some of the functional improvements areas during usage of the same i.e. by deploying EHS best practices I have witnessed at other industries directly or through software which will finally benefit the end-user and hence for the society too.

Following are my queries -

1. What can be the career path for person like me, who is having EHS functional knowledge & experience but does not have direct SAP implementation related experience and certification?

2. What are the minimal certification and qualification I will be requiring before switching to SAP Functional Consultant Role?

3. Who can be some of the best employer for me start this role?

Any other information, suggestions and inputs in this regards are more than welcome.

Thanking you all for the help and guidance you are going to provide.

Sameer Saxena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sameer

your questions are discussed very often in this FORUM. is such an example, but you will a lot of more similar examples.

E.g.:

Therefore these are my hints:

Check first:

Try to understand what SAP is doing (what means which solution exists and which solution is the right one to start with etc.).

To act a functional guy in SAP area you need basic understanding about SAP solutions.

1.) Shortly: there is no SAP certification in place for the SAP EHS solutions.

2.) Career: normally you ned first some basic SAP and SAP EHS training. The SAP training is available nearly worldwide. SAP EHS training is limited. E.g. there seems to be no  good training option available in India (has been discussed as well in this FORUM).

Based on you "starter package" (know how) the "SAP EHS end user" option may be is the best. If you know about legal aspects/regulations etc. then by working on that in a company using SAP EHS solutions you will get closer to "technique" For work in EHS environment you need to have knowledge at least in the area (as called by SAP): product safety, dangerous goods management; as these are the "core" topics to cover in a company handling chemistry. On the top: if you have knowledge in the area of "Label Management" or "Waste" topics then you are in good starting position.

PLease check this FORUM. A lot of more threads can be found easily may be helping you to decide to go on.

C.B.

PS: please check first any SCN forum; it took me only "10" seconds (Ok less then one minute; but it was very easy)  to generate the list of threads as part of this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your real quick response.

I do have exposure to Label Management and Waste (Not sure am at what level, in relative terms)

I will go through the links mentioned.. Will get back if have any specific query.

Thanks again.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sameer

good luck for your career. E.g. is a furthere thread

. Just use "EHS" + "career" as search terms; you will find a lot regarding this.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

While trying to go through some of the data at forum I am getting following message -

Can you help me in resolving this error...

Thanks

SS

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sameer Saxena,

The screen you are looking at is the login screen at SAP marketplace to access SAP OSS notes which require a S-id and a password given from SAP. In general, the login id is provided by SAP who are certified in any of the SAP modules along with a password. In other ways, your basis consultant can provide you an alternate id for temporary reasons.

Sample login id: S000123456 and password: password.

Note: you cannot use the above details to login. Check with your system administrator

Regards

Dhinesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.