cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracking Transports for confi/dev overwritings in sap srm system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, could anyone please suggest the best way to track and identify any code/config overwritings due to any new change being transported into the client under a new transport?

in m previous organization we had a custom developed tool for identifying such potential overwritings in ecc system however for SRM system it did not work.

could anyone please suggest an automatic/manual check by which i could be able to identify if any new change will potentially overwrite any existing setting in the SRM system

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parikshit,

Please make use of Solution Manager 7.1 BPCA tool.Using this tool you may be able to identify which part of the business solution may get impacted with a new change.

This tool can work in any SAP solution including ECC, SRM , BI, CRM etc. but it requires certain pre-requisite configuration to be done in Solution Manager.

Refer SAP help for more details on BPCA

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/e7/ae57e0291149adaca93a9dcce33abb/content.htm

Wiki Link :Business Process Change Analyzer(BPCA) - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks this is helpful....however until these changes are incorporated in the system would have to find an alternate solution to identify the overwriting issues in the transports moving across landscape...

Best regards,

Parikshit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

please go through note : 84052 : R3trans : table logging .

you need to add the the parameter recclicent = xxx  in transport profile  in order to track the changes happening through  a transport.

Regards.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your response. At the moment I already use E070 and E071 for transport type and critical object list check,

Is there any tool in SAP through which i can input the transport ID in SRM system and execute to check if the objects contained inside this transport impacts any of the objects which was transported in the last 3-6 months? would you be aware of any such code which can be replicated or any pre existing tool (apart from CHARM CTS+)

At the moment i have to rely on the version management however, its not the best solution in case if there are loads of transports to be verified since this is a manual check .....

Best regards,

Parikshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please note that ,DBTABLOG tables will not record the changes happened  through the transports and the only option woulbe here is to trace the changes from C&T tables.

You can track the transport changes by checking in change and transport tables ie E071 and E070.

If you want to know the objects of any transport ,go to SE16-> E071 and give the TR number in the filed TRKORR. It will give you the list of objects that are imported by the transport.

Regards,

Srini