cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement on one WBS but Consumption on another WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

My client is having one specific requirement, that is ..my client buys bulk materials at one time for the whole project then they will consume to the respective WBS where ever it requires at the time of execution.

Now here they are asking for budget control at the time bulk material procuring and they are asking for the consumed material actual cost on the respective WBS elements. Here I ran the test case like for one WBS I have made P.R (account assign. cate. 'Q') - PO - GRN then actual cost is coming at that place, then I consumed to the required WBS, at this time WBS is asking for the buget...but for the same material I have already assigned to earlier WBS where I bought as bulk, if i assign budget again the plan value will get double and this material procurement and consumption is not happening in the same hierarchy (if it is in same hierarchy it will work)

WBS       -      A (Cement)

WBS       -      B (Construction)

WBS       -      B-1 (Excavation)

In the above example I am procuring cement at WBS - A  level and I want to consume to the WBS  - B-1 level.

Services also they are doing in the same way ,,

could any one please suggest me the solution to do this..

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check your tolerance group is that ++ or any other ? as you explained according to that it should be ++ because system is checking budget for every activity of project.

so this is the case then either you have to choose material transfer wbs to wbs with account assignment of Q

Nor you have to change tolerance group as other (according to suitability) instead of ++

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Would like to give a clear picture of how system is behaving and which is std:

WBS A    Budget 10000

WBS B    Budget  5000

WBS B-1 Budget  3000

You procured in bulk (amount 7000) against WBS A and budget was consumed from it, now you want to issue/transfer stock to WBS B-1 which is having budget 3000. When you transfer ,budget is exceeded by 4000 because available in WBS B-1 is 3000 only. This is standard procedure.

Solution:

1: If WBS A and WBS B are at same level (say 2) then assign budget at these level 2 WBS only, it will make the budget at WBS B to 8000 and reset the BUDG status from WBS B-1 (OPSX). Stock transfer will be checked against parent (level 2) wbs only.

2: Transfer budget 4000 from a different WBS to WBS B-1 and then transfer stock from WBS A to WBS B-1. Once the transfer is done,then it will release budget in WBS A to available budget. You transfer this released (available) budget back to the supplement WBS (from which you transferred budget to WBS B-1).

Check the above options and let me know if it works.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Sorry for giving late reply.,

I how explained what are all the complications if they go with the procurement on one WBS and consumption on different WBS then they have been convinced with the plant procurement.

Thanks,

Srikanth.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for updating Srikanth.

kindly close the thread now.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..,