cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAM workflow question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are running GRC10 SP12 and EAM MSMP workflows are configured for log review.

The previous FF Owner left the company, and there are a couple of FF Log Review workflow items waiting on his approval.

New FF ID owner cannot get to the old MSMP instance workflow items, as they do not show up in his POWL Inbox.

Is there a way to re-route/detour the MSMP workflow to the new manager, without re-activating the old manager's userid in GRC?

What other options are there?

is it suggested to modify the current task settings, especially when other FF Log review instances are in progress etc.

Our current task settings for Stage in Maintain Path (Step 5) is:

Thanks,

Pawan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Yes, you can modify the task settings even if the instances are in process.

As per the best practices, you must confirm the check box to enable the forward option in case of primary approver is not available.

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameet for your re-assuring response, I also noticed SAP's warning message about the possibility of runtime change

"However if the flag 'Runtime Configuration Change OK' is enabled, then any change to Stage Task Settings can have immediate impact on already running processes."

So after the 'Forward' checkbox is checked and save/activate action, I can now see the forward option in the most of the pre-existing EAM workflow instances. The option does not show up in few others but I am ok with them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

You are absolutely right about the flag settings for runtime configuration and might impact the productivity.

For what all kind of instances you are still unable to see the forward option as inactive?

May be we can sort that out too.

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was one test FF log review instance probably created at the implementation, and I am told it does not matter. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

could you please share if the request is already submitted and then the changes made in Modify task settings, so according to you it will reflect on the already submitted request.

As far as i know , this cannot happen , but if you have the scenario could please share it with me.

Thanks and regards

Ankit Sharma

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

The only way you can access the request is you need to login in GRC NWBC as administrator then follow :

Access Management -> Search Reaquest

Then you can forward it or approve or reject. That is the only way left now.

For future reference please maintain escalation.

thanks and regards

Ankit sharma

mohammed_shariff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Pawan,

To get forward option, you need to change task settings.  Check mark "forward allowed" in GRAC_SPM_CNTRL_AGENT.

Mohammed

mohammed_shariff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Pawan,

Just forward the FF Logs to new controller. 

Access Management - Search request - Fire fighter log report review workflow - Search - filter on "decision pending"  - Forward.

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the screen in my initial post, you will find that the option to forward the workitem is not checked. So I am thinking that is not an option.

Arif1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, In grc there is a option called approver deligstion. You can authorize a user (the delegate) to perform the tasks and to exercise the access rights of another user (the delegator). So deligate access from old approver to new approver. After that new approver can get all inbox list of old approver and new approver can either approve or regect. Thanks Arif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arif, would you be kind enough to provide instructions on how do I set up such a thing (approver delegation) an Administrator?

I am trying to look for a way to do it as Administrator without having to re-activate the old manager's id in GRC.
Thanks!