cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS Set up for Taiwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My new project requires me to work on GTS implementation for Taiwan client. Its not the standard country defined by SAP and we need to start setting up from scrap. Could any one help me in defining the converter mappings between the i doc fields. I have got the required messages for customs authority and know how to define it. How long would the project take place as i need to mention the time to my manager as well

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

What GTS functionality do you hope to use? I assume you are setting up Import and Export.

Please provide more details on the converter mappings for Taiwan.

What converter system will be used?

What system does the Taiwanese government use?

Have you received documentation and researched the processes involved when dealing with the Taiwan Customs office? Some are available here: http://etaipei.customs.gov.tw/

What communication messages are required?

What standard GTS processes do you hope to support? IPR, OPR, free circulation etc.??

Defining a time is not always easy. It depends a lot on the country most times. If you can find out how strict their requirements are and how many of them there are then we will have a better idea.

Best Regards,

Eoin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eoin,

Thanks for your reply.

I was never involved in any GTS project and this is my first one. I would do reasearch as u suggested and get back to you. IF you have any useful information regarding it. PLease let me know.

Regards,

Vamshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

I have never seen a GTS with Taiwan solution yet so it may be the case that you are in uncharted territory.

When you have the requirements from your client and the authorities please come back on here and share.

Maybe someone else has already tried a similar project.

Best Regards,

Eoin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surely Eoin. Once done, i will post some important information on this page. Btw, do you have idea about atlas? is it same as NCTS? does germany use both ncts and atlas or only one of them?

Regards,

Vamshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

NCTS is the transit reporting system for EU countries not just Germany.

ATLAS is the German electronic customs system.

They are not the same and both can be used simultaneously but for different purposes.