cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is trade compliance in Materials?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is trade compliance related to material master in SAP?

where it is used?

what are the sap settings, fields and tables for trade compliance?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

When we talk in terms of Compliance Options available for Material Master in SAP GTS, then the main area of interest is the Licensing related to materials.

This can be used in both Import and Export Scenario's. This works in conjuction with Destination country, Departure Country, ECCN codes and End Customers.

The basic Settings for License determinations in such a case in brief are  as follows:-

• Define Numbering Scheme in SPRO-->SAP Global Trade Services-->General Settings-->Numbering Scheme

• Define Legal Determination Procedure, Define Legal Regulation and Activate Legal Regulation for Country/Country Group through SPRO-->SAP Global Trade Services-->General Settings-->Legal Regulation

• Activate Legal Regulation and Do other control Settings like Define License Types through SPRO-->SAP Global Trade Services-->Compliance Management-->Legal Control-License

• Go to the GTS Cockpit (Tcode-/n/sapsll/menu_legal) to maintain the master data like License Determination strategy and licenses.

I hope it answered your questions.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aman,

This is a good intro.

Where can I find more info on this? I need to study this in detail for my current job.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ethan, you can find a great stuff in SAP help portal that is available to everyone. You also need a system to practice and understand the concepts practically. In case of any doubts, you can post you questions in this forum and the rest we will take care.

Hope you will be now confident enough to go on with your GTS adventure.

Regards,

Aman

Answers (0)