cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a line item from Sales Doc type RE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unable to delete a line item from a sales order linked to document type RE.  Get a long runtime - no specific error message.  Use the 'Stop Transaction' option to end the transaction.

Have done thorough testing and can delete line items linked to all other sales document types in our system.

Researched SPRO to see if there was a line item deletion option that was not created for sales doc type RE - but can find nothing.

On a critical time line here - this was discovered during Hotpak installation testing which is scheduled to move to PRD June 22.  Question as to why we have not run across this issue before now??  - I don't think we have had an occasion to delete a returns line item before - but I want to have the option if available.

Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Regards

Patsy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member662097
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check our authorization matrix for order type RE with Basis guys.

Regards,

Shatrughan Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with your technical team ABAP/ BASIS.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Document type has nothing to do with deletion.can you explain in detail.

Regards,

Senthil Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

After creating document type RE, execute VA02 transaction, select line item, select delete line item icon.  The system goes into runtime and just stays there.  No error message, no abap dump.  To escape the transaction, I have to select 'stop transaction'.

I have tested all other document types we use in our system,  (including our customized transactions) SO, CR, DR, etc., and the system allows line item deletion.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you have implemented something in your own coding that is executing a long select on these order types. You should run an ABAP or SQL trace to identify exactly where the long runtime is occurring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your reply.

I have taken your advice and my Basis group  ran SQL and we finally got an ABAP/DUMP which indicates that we may have an index table that is missing.  Looks like a Hotpak installation issue. 

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any idea what index table it was?

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tested this on my system and did not find any problem. Perhaps, execute an SQL / ABAP trace to see where the system performance problem is happening....