cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to update assigned HU - 3PL outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement to update an outbound delivery via IDoc with handling unit information for an HU that is already assigned to the delivery. Our client supplies an SSCC18 code to the 3PL on the EDI 940, who then sends back specific packing on the EDI 945 (E1EDL37 and E1EDL44 records). The client currently uses SHPCON IDocs to pick/pack and PGI the deliveries in production. But when I add the E1EDL37 record and test, we get the error:

"There is already a handling unit posted for GR without stock (message HUSELECT005)."

We want to use SHPCON to both assign the HU to the delivery at time of PGI, and provide the HU packing. However, after searching, it looks like it may not be possible to change HUs, only create with standard IDocs. Is there any way to update existing HUs with SHPCON IDoc? If not, is there any IDoc type that can do this?

I located a similar topic that was able to do this with custom code, but I'm hoping there may be a user exit or standard functionality we could leverage. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think it is possible to achieve this.  For more information, have a look at the following note:-

• Note 1839738 - Error HUSELECT005 occurs when using existing HU in SHPCON (WHSCON)

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (0)