cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need invoice numbers for material masters.

Former Member

Dear experts,

I have a list of approx. 200 PO numbers (not SO numbers) and material masters. I need to find invoice# for each PO#. Could you please help me what is the fastest way to find the invoice# using the data mentioned above? I do not want to enter each order separately and check document flow in order to find invoice, would like to find some faster way to do this

Hope you can help me!

Thank you in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abc,

Apart from the above suggestions, I would like to point out that if you are searching for this as a one time activity this is feasible. But sounds like this would required in future also. To make this very transparent you can consider my view which is described below;

Process Flow:

The PO no mentioned in sales order in VA02 will be copied to the billing document in VBRK header when you create billing from a delivery. This PO no will appear here in the Assignment field (VBRK-ZUONR) which will further goes to accounting document of RV in FI which can easily been identified in FBL5N.

SPRO Configuration:

1. In VTFL use the option A-Purchase Order no in the Assignment field.

2. This will copy the value to VBRK-ZUONR like below;

3. Finally you can see this from the account side also in standard reports only in FBL5N like below

So by this way you will be able to manage it by standard configuration as well as in standard reporting ZERO ABAP inputs required here and users can easily learn how to track this requirement from Sales side as well as from Finance end.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use table WB2_V_VBRK_VBRP2  enter PO number in field  BSTNK_VF  you will find invoice number and as well as sales order number

Thanks

Jitendra

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VBRP table,maintain PO's number in the field-AUBEL and execute and see the invoice numbers ,delivery numbers as well as PO numbers.

BR's,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I did it as you have advised and SAP wrote me that such PO# doesn't exist, however it does when I check it in VA02. Any solution for this?

Thank you!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are seeing it in VA02, but the PO number is not a sales order (...have a list of approx. 200 PO numbers (not SO numbers))

What is it? is it the PO number of your customer? from where or from whom did you get the list of 200 PO numbers?

if it is the PO number of your customer, then it is stored in VBAK-BSTNK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Yes, those are PO numbers of my customers. It worked using VBAK-BSTNK

Thank you

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

tel me your process , your create billing with reference to PO , or SO,

or only you maintain PO number at VBAK-BSTNK level

tel me this then only you give perfect answer

regards

sankar

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to SE11 and enter table VBKD and  VBKD-BSTKD (PO number) enter here then execute , here you find the order numbers and billings numbers check this

regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankar,

Thanks for ur comment

In  sales and distribution, billing always is created on reference of OBD (Outbound delivery) or Sales order number as per setting in copy control. But which PO Number u enter in Sales order That PO number automatically transfer in Billing( Invoice) document.

Process can as below---

1-Sales order --> Delivery (OBD) --> Invoice.

2. Sales order--> Invoice

Thanks

Jitendra

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to VBKD and  VBKD-BSTKD (PO number) enter  PO number  here then execute , here you find the order numbers and billings numbers check this

regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shankar,

This sales document table not billing table, here u can find sales document by PO number and date not billing no

Thanks

Jitendra

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

first you pass the field in VBKD then check , PO details flowing billing document , though details store in VBKD table level ,

once you pass the your PO number then check , here comes both like order number and billing number,

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the history of Purchase Order is in table EKBE, if this is your requirement. The incoming invoice is identified by field BEWTP = 'Q'. Do you talk about incoming invoice?

Best regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea!

Thank you for your response. It's the invoice which is "attached" to the order. For ex. I enter the order, save it and there is an invoice created for this order. This is the inv# that I need. I did as you advised but it didn't work out...