cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP+Java Dual Stack System Copy - Concern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Let me first tell you background of our QAS system. QAS is ABAP+Java dual stack. Linux + Oracle. Currently system is working fine both abap and java both. Last year, before I join, team here, performed a system refresh using normal method of copying binaries from PRD to QAS, just copying it and not using SAPinst tool. I am not sure exactly what they have done during that activity.

Hence in QAS system Java Instance ID is showing same as that of PRD instance. Due to which , we are facing concerns while performing upgrade using SUM and receiving below error.

The detected Instance ID and the one calculated from the box number do not match.

Currently we have new requirement to move this system from One Host to Another keeping the host-name/SID/ all same. Migrating Hardware only from SUSE 10 to SUSE 11 keeping everything else same.

We will like to solve this issue and performing system copy successfully. I am hoping to get some expert opinions about resolving this Instance ID mismatch concern and migrate to new host.

Following options I am thinking - Kindly let us know if any of them will resolve Instance ID mismatch concern.

1) Perform DB system copy using Only java export / Import -

2) Perform System copy using ABAP+Java export / Import -

3) Perform New system installation and then just copy DB

4) Any other method.... ?

5) Also does SAP charge for step "Ignore Error and go to next step (requires password)" ? or will they provide password if we raise a OSS message.

Kindly suggest how we shall approach this situation.

May I have some guidance resolving this.

Many thanks,

Bond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks RB,

I will check respective notes and update you.

Just one doubt Since old instance ID is deleted from config tool and only contains Production instance iD. will it automatically create previous OLD instance id ?

warm regards,

Bond

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keep in mind, that SAP strongly recommends not to migrate a system while doing an upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for update Volker,

We are not performing any upgrade. It was a old error. Currently system is stable.

We have concerns whether instance id mismatch will remain in system if we perform systemcopy using import/export method ?

Regards,

Bond