cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Certificate for Goods Receipt - FAIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I’m after some advice with regards to the QM module.

We implemented QM last year to support our incoming inspection process flow.

The following dynamic rules were created via TCODE QDR1

Z01       Inspection Always

Z02       3 Inspections Plus Annual

Z03       One Off Inspection

In the material master we have actived the inspection type 01.

Next steps:

Quality Certificate for Goods Receipt

We would like to set the certification flag to identify that a first article inspection report (FAIR) is required from goods externally procured.

Today all vendors are required to provide a FAIR with the 1st off receipt for a new material or items which have not been delivered for more than 12mths.

Is it possible to set/create much a rule in QM for the 1st del to be flagged certificate required?

My initial thoughts were

1. 1. To setup quality information records for each material + vendor with the certificate “FAIR”.
  2. 2. Then create and assign an inspection plan for the first off delivery.

Problems I can see,

1. 1.     The certificate is only required for the first delivery regardless if the material requires a  2nd 3rd or 4th del to be inspected
  2. 2.     How to apply the settings and reset them when a FAIR requirement (Annual)
  3. 3.     Creation of this rule would have to accommodate the current QM rules not impact?

Has anyone implement certifications in this way or could they suggest a way it could be managed.

Many Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't do this based on the the COA required using the standard QM/purchasing integration.

What I can see you doing is to do DMR at the characteristic level.  Creating an MIC called COA Required for FAIR.   It would be a pass/fail quantitative test.  (If you have no other test requirements, you could do this on the lot level).

If you have tests that are used to confirm the FAIR COA then these MIC's should be set up to track the DMR of the COA characteristic, (reference characteristic on "Quant Data" tab of MIC in insp. plan).  I.e. I often recommend that the tests on the COA be set up in SAP and the results of the COA actually entered and valuated. This ensures that the vendor hasn't modified their material specification and sent something that meets their specs, but not yours.

Now, set you DMR accordingly for the first MIC, (the COA one).  i.e. required on 1st receipt, skipped afterwards.  Reset after 365 days.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Many thanks for the advice.

I’m not very familiar how with all the QM functionality works,

Would you mind elaborating a bit more on the proposed solution with some instruction?

Steps

1. 1. Goto Tcode ****
  2. 2. Enter value

I can then set something up in or test environment! 

Again thanks for your help

Paul

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paul,

Please research the DMR functionality a bit.  Sorry to make you do that but i'm swamped today and out of pocket for the rest of the week.  I really won't have time to write up what you're looking for.  I googled with the following search words and came up with quite a bit of stuff.

setting up DMR characteristic level

Give it a shot and if you have issues, let me know and I'll try to respond next week when I'm back and things settle down.

Thanks!

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

First thanks for the information on DMR this has solved the problem.

I do have a second question if you could it would be appreciated.

Can you change the QM control key for a PO.

In the material master I've activate QM with control key 0000 no certificate required

After raising a PO a change note is then released under this circumstances the vendors are required to provide a certificate with the PO.

To mange this I would like to change the control key in the PO - I get the error message.

Control key Z001 cannot be used here

Message no. ME554

Diagnosis

You wish to change the control key for quality management in procurement. Only the following changes are allowed:

• Set current control key  from material
  • Set existing control key of item 0000

Procedure

Is it possible to change the key at direct in the PO?

Thanks

Paul

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe it is possible to change that once issued.  SAP will reason that since a purchase may go through many different documents, (quote, contract, requisition, purchase order), that changes should not be made to PO's once placed.  I.e. you issued the PO based on the purchase requirements at the time and possibly a contract.  You can't just change them in mid-stream on the vendor.  So to the best of my knowledge.. no...

Craig