cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LM46 - Multiple line items into single HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using Pick & Pack functionality and confirming transfer orders using RF - LM46 transaction.

During confirmation of transfer order, new HU is getting created for each line item. Is it possible to confirm multiple line items into single HU.

Is there any setting needs to be done to achieve the same.

Steps in current process

- Create transfer order using LT03 or Background job

- Go to LM46 - enter delivery and packaging material

- Confirm line item

- TO item information (Qty & batch) updating back to Delivery along with new HU number

- Material and qty getting packed to HU correctly..

As we have several small picks, we don't want new HU to be created automatically. If we can combine multiple TO items into single HU that will be helpful for the process.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks in advance,

Naga Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Naga Mohan,

If you are picking over several transfer orders for the one delivery, the same HU can be used in each case, you can define this in the LM46 selection screen.

As per your steps:

Go to LM46 - enter delivery and packaging material

If a second TO is to be confirmed, when accessing LM46 the user should specify the delivery number and the HU created previous (on the first TO) instead of the packaging material (this will be filled automatically.

Regards

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Reply Stephen.

The problem we are facing is, user does not know the HU getting created. so he has to go to office to get the label to scan it again.

Is there anyway we can autopopulate last HU number or display message with HU number created.

or any other suggestion to achieve it.

Thanks in advance,

Nag

0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

I don't believe there is a straightforward way of doing that. The idea behind the design would be (for the two cases mentioned in this thread):

• No HU exists, so new HU is generated during the TO confirmation (by entering only the packing material and $ as the HU number, triggering the label printing for shipping)
  • Hu exists, so the user would have the HU in front of them and would be packing directly into it.

Is your requirement for all deliveries within the warehouse? i.e Each delivery (regardless of the number of transfer orders) should only have one HU assigned?

Regards

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

Our requirement is multiple transfer order items for delivery to go into single HU.

One delivery can have more than 1 HU.  They pack all bits and bytes into one HU (each bit is separate TO item). and they create new HU for each all full pallet/cartons.

SO i believe there is not direct way to do it. Thanks for your time and view.

Cheers,

Nag

0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

If there are to be several HU in one delivery, there is no way for the system to know (without user input) which HU is to be packed.

What I would suggest is that if a user is to pick a specific delivery, that they need to verify the existance of picking HU which may have been previously created.

Regards

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Stephan,

I have suggested to create and print labels before starting pick and confirm transfer order items aganist it. (So that they can combine or create new if required).

i feel that solves all the issues.

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Nag

Answers (0)