cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to resolve the .classpath error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

While I am creating the project from the Development Configuration Prospective I am getting ".classpath is read-only" error .Enclosed is the error screenshot for your reference.

classpath read-only error comes only for a particular DC. All other DCs are successfully downloaded.

I have deleted the DC from the Local work space and restarted NWDS. Still issue persist.

Any suggestions/experience/documentation with regard to this issue would be highly appreciated. please reply to rashmitap.86@gmail.com

Regards,

Rashmita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first delete this file from dtr.

someone did a mistake to check in that file.

you can compare this one with another working one, which is the same DC type.

you can figure out what file should be in dtr, what should not be

it's very likely other unwanted files are also checked in. please delete them from dtr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jun,

Thanks for your quick response. The .dcdef file under src folder is checked out by other user in DTR. I am unable to delete the .dcdef file as the delete option is not enabled. Kindly let me know how I will delete this file.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

delete from dtr web UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jun,

Thanks for your response. I have reverted and deleted the Activity resource in DTR web UI. Removed the track configuration from Development Configurations Prospective in NWDS and restarted NWDS. After importing the track I have created the project from inactive DC and getting the same error.

There is no more open activity for that DC in DTR. Please suggest.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you able to follow my first reply?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmita,

Can you tell me the procedure step by step whatever you did?

Regards,

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thanks for your response! Yes I have followed your first reply. But after revert the activity, when I am creating the project from inactive DC project got created. But the component is empty. No model available in model folder. Sync from source is not helping. But while I am creating the project from active DC it is successful. But I need to create the project from inactive DC as I need code remediation. Please suggest. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your response! The .dcdef file was checked out by some other user who is no more supporting this project. I didn't find any open activity for that DC which was throwing the classpath readonly error. But in DTR UI there was an open activity. And this activity I found under inactive DC.So I reverted and deleted that activity and remove the track configuration in Development configuration prospective. Restarted NWDS and again import the track and create the project from inactive DC.

But same classpath readonly error came and the project was empty. No content available under Applications,Models, Webdynpro Component Interfaces and Webdynpro components.

Please suggest how to fix this issue. Code remediation is require.

Thanks!

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't think you have followed by first reply.

delete the .classpath and other unnecessary file from the dtr web ui

Answers (0)