cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to differentiate a packing type for Finished goods based on which customer will be invoiced ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need a little expertise

The requirement for my organization is Certain Finish goods packing.

Currently certain, Finished goods packaging items when send to Customer, is charged for the packaging items like Pallets , Q- Bit Boxes.

There will be a deposit fee which will appear on the customer invoice.

Moving forward they want to eliminate that deposit fee, from the customer invoice for a few of the packaging types.. (For example Pallet we would still charge the customer the same way AS_IS today but for another pack type Q-BIT boxes customer should not be charged as a deposit fee for returing the pack type.)

From Materials management perspective… At the time of order entry how do we differentiate a particular pack type so that for that a particular Pack type customer is not charged anything…

2 options I am thinking is introduce a new characteristics in Classification view for PK type.. Upon entering the order the User exit will check the characteristic in material master and customer invoice won’t be charged for the Packing item if Pack type = Q Bit..

Other one is  From the  Alternate Unit of Measure translation to Common Unit of measure / Sales Unit of measure.

Which one would you recommend ?

Pls advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to explain more how your system is currently designed. Are finished good materials created per pack size (diff. mat codes for PAL and Q-BIT) or these are sent separately along with the delivery?

In either case, you can create a condition type in your sales pricing that will have condition records triggered using the material being sent (maintain the condition record against PAL but not against Q-BIT boxes). This should solve your requirement without any development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Basu,

Currently we have a characteristic in the material classification View - Pack Type.

This is currently unused.

I was of the opinion populate this Characteristic values in those fields and the using TVARVC variable maintain these values and distinguish whether for a particular material number based on the pack type, determine whether a deposit fee should be charged to the customer or not at the time of the order entry.

Please advise if this is a correct approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

What I was suggesting was to have different material codes per pack size. If this is done, you will not need to modify anything, other than maintain condition types for the correct material codes.

In case you are leaning towards the classification approach, I will suggest having a custom calculation type added to include  RV64ANNN with a check of the characteristic on a custom table. In this table, maintain the pack sizes with should be charged. The logic should turn  XKOMV-KBETR = 0 if the pack size is not found in the table.