cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum quantity sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Am trying to restrict (via a warining message) users from creating sales orders with less than a minimum quantity for a given material and a given customer. I read in some threads that I should use transaction VD51, but the only thing I can do is to specify minimum delivery quantity. Can you please suggest a solution? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

You can control this by entering the Minimum order qty in the Material Master/Sales org view. Once this is done you may not be able to create orders for less than this qty.

Regards,

Mani.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu,

A helpful answer indeed. But the lazy users here won’t accept to create sales order with reference to contracts. So I need to find another solution :s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you, but since your requirement is customer specific, we need to use this kind of a way. If it was for all the users the same minimum order quantity, then yes we can do it at one place. If we say for each user, then we must tell system that it has to be done for each user by maintaining some data.

Best Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your answers. Am trying to make the restriction per customer, i.e. minimum quantity for customer 1 can be 10 while that of customer 2 could be 5, so maintaing MQ in the material master data won't solve it. I'm also trying to avoid user exits. do you have any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi huku,

you can map this thru condition record.

create new condition type with access sequence which would have customer and value.

maitain condition record for every material and customer according to requirement.

then link this thru copy controll from order to delievry at item level.

there should be a logic to check the customer value for every material according to condition master data and system should allow or restrict further processing .

we have already done this and working fine .

this is sureshot .

reward if helps.!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer mukund. the thing is that am new to SD, I tried to do as you adviced but i still don't get some of the concepts (access sequence, condition type,...) Do you have a document or something that describes the process in details, your help would be highly appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since your scenario of minimum order qty, setting it in the material master might not solve as you told. But you can think of creating dummy contracts ( quantity contracts ) for those customers whose those minimum order quantities as per your requirement. And whenever you want make a sales order for these customer make sure refer these contracts and reference the quantity fully. Now, from the quantity contracts

customer A - 5, B - 10 so on ...., units is copied into sales order as you desired.

Hope it helps. Please reward if useful.

Also just to add, since you are new I suggest you practice and understand the various functionalities provided in SAP that you can on your own imagine these kind of options where you use the application as per the requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it is very simple ,there are various options to controll this.

1) u can do it thru routines which are part of copy controll from order to delivery at item level with help of abapper.

2) u can also maintain minimum delievry quantity in respective material masters

like either dozens or hundreds or ur business requirements.so that system gives warning message if it is lesser than specified in material masters.for this u have to tick mim del quantity in del item category customising in 0vlp transaction.

3) u cn also do it thru delivery userexit in mv50afz1.

please reward if this scenarios helps and adds value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls do this suing T.code MM01 if yu are creating a new material or MM02 if you want to change an existing material.