cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to setup BPMon for ECC 4.7 system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

One of my client is using SAP  ECC 4.7 sytem which is quite older version. He wants to carry out Business Process Monitoring through Solution Manager. So is it possible to carry out Business process monitoring for such older ECC system?

Thanks,

Rutvik Upadhyay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the information. For the conclusion, I have asked my client to update the ST/PI and ST/API to the latest version for ECC 4.7 .

Thanks,

Rutvik.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rutvik,

I agree this is really and old release. For BPMON to functon correctly it would also depend on the SOLMAN version and the version of the ST-A/PI and ST-PI as well? The recommedation would be to upgrade to the latest release possible for SOLMAN  7.1 (at least Support Package Stack 05 or higher) and to latest level for ECC/ERP, ST-A/PI and ST-PI.

Kind regards,

Roland

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rutvik

Yes, it is possible.

But important point is you should install latest ST-PI & ST-A/PI in R/3 Enterprise 4.7 side.

For cross application monitoring like Job monitoring, application monitoring, ST-PI is related.

For document monitoring like sales order, purchase order (actually most of the interface monitoring is also) , ST-A/PI is related.

For document monitoring that needs  ABAP Object (document monitor is 1 of the most porwer  feature of BPMon), thus SAP ERP needs to be at least release 4.7.  (4.6 C release does not support ABAP Object, so not possible to use).

Since your SAP ERP is  R/3 Enterprise (4.7), it is possible to use BPMon including its document monitoring.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rutvik,

check the below note

521820 - Availability of Business Process Monitoring

2. Software Prerequisites for the Managed Systems

Also contact the SAP by email at bpm@sap.com. (For technical or functional issues please open OSS-message on component SV-SMG-MON-BPM)

Rg,

Karthik