cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Picking the XML file from application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using PI 7.11.My requirement is to send the  Payment data generated from ECC has to be sent bank via PI.

ECC generates the file and places it in application server al11 of ECC.Is there any option to pick the file from ECC without using FTP (NFS) adapter?

Seems FTP ports are also not opened between ECC and SAP PI.Is there any option whether SAP ECC can convert the XML file and sent to PI as a proxy message?

Regards,

Karthiga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any function module or builtin class exist that will convert the XML file to Proxy data?

Regards,

Karthiga

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthiga,

As the previous experts said you should think how you can pass the file:

1. FTP: you cann't use it

2. JDBC: you would need to insert the XML in a database table with a clob field, drivers and connectivity available, this smells a wrong way.

3. JMS. No sense

4. Industry adapters, marketplace, mail... No sense.

5. Http. You should search the way to put an attachment in http request and to deal with this in PI. To complicated for me.

6. RFC. You can read in the ECC side the XML file and to wrap it in a string RFC import variable. Later, in PI you can use a RFC sender and to deal with this parameter to extract the XML and to send in the way you want to your receiver.

7. XI/SOAP adapter. You construct a SOAP request, too complicated or you can use the ABAP proxy integration in order to send a request to PI with a file like attachment or to send the XML in a field like the RFC option. (ABAP proxy technology http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3797)

Regards.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthiga,

Did you check below blog

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I dont have the option of using SFTP adapter as I am currently using PI 7.11

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you familiar with the ABAP proxy concept? It will solve your integration problem.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthiga,

Yes, It's possible to send message from ECC to PI system through ABAP proxy , infact message exchange between ECC and PI system will be XML messages Only. Use of ABAP proxy will have following advantages,

1. Data security (No chance for editing the file . On other hand, if message is posted to FTP , there is chance of editing the file ).

2. Message exchange will be fast and performance is also good.

Thanks

Hari.

vishal1889
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthiga,

As you mentioned that the file is an XML file i belive you should use proxy to send the contents to PI System as an XML message rather then File and then send file to bank after conversion in PI.

Regards

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

In ECC side ,there is a tcode called DMEE which will automatically build the XML file and they are placing it to Application server.ECC has no idea ,how to convert the XML and sent it via proxy msg.Is there any way to convert this XML file to ABAP proxy ?

vishal1889
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Karthiga,

See, if a file is created then best way is to do it with FTP only. But as you mentioned you have a limitation on FTP port being enabled the other way is to take the help from the ABAPer and write a code which will pick the file and push the data via proxy to PI System and you can schedule a batch job to run this program periodically.

If you have any other scenarios using Proxy as sender then you can refer them else you can search SDN for sender proxy configuration and usage.

Regards

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Is there any buildin class or functional module exist to convert the XML file to Proxy data.Please help.

vishal1889
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthiga

I am still unsure why you don't wan't to use FTP or the challenges you see in its usage?

AFAIK there is no direct way to send XML file data to Proxy. However you need to execute this process in two steps:

1) Read the XML file and convert the data into an Internal table:

2) Send the data in the internal table via Proxy to PI System.

And schedule a batch job for your report which will periodically check for the file in the directory and send it to PI via Proxy.

But I'll still suggest you to use FTP and keep it simpler.

Regards

Vj

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just use an ABAP proxy (consumer) to push data to SAP PI. No need for moving around files.

Kind regards,

Dimitri