Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant change in Sales Order not possible due to Sales Order BOM

zgius16
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are trying to change the Delivery Plant in a Sales Order after the creation of a Sales Order BOM, but it gives a V1773 message first, then a blocking error V1810. The same happens with a Production Order.

How can we change the Delivery Plant after the creation of one of these objects?

Our scenario:

- Make To Order

- Sales Order BOM created with transaction CS61

- Sales Order Routing created with transaction CA01

We need to create the Sales Order BOM on the Production Plant (which doesn't change), but we need to be able to change the Delivery Plant in any time.

Should you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance,

Giuseppe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caselli,

For V1773, please check the solution provided by note 588884, which is a modification. With this note it turns possible to delete all multi-level sales order BOM using transaction CSKB, which may be useful.

The behavior mentioned by you is the standard behavior of the system. The scenario works as designed, a plant change is only possible as long as there is no other document assigned to the sales order.

Longtext of V1 810 says:

The plant can no longer be changed in the following situations:

[...]

2. There is a production order for the order item but it is not a static assembly order.

Your scenario seems to be point 2 as mentioned above. You can check the requirement type (VBAP-BEDAE) and requirement class in OVZH and assembly type (MNTGA) in OVZG.

If you change the plant for the items with existing production orders, it will cause the incorrect values in the COPA. An order item is assigned to plant A and the corresponding production order exits. This

means that the costs are assigned to plant A (this is the place where the costs accrue). Order and production order will be balanced at plant A.

If you now, after the process has already started, should allow to change the order to plant B the following examples of problems will come up:

- The costs accrued in plant A (see production order)

- The SD order is now assigned to plant B, this means billing will be with plant B

This leads to the fact the costs are on plant A, plant B has a benefit. Plant A cannot settle the costs and plant B has unexpected earnings. Inconsistencies in all involved process steps, SD, CO, COPA are the results.

If you want to change the plant in the sales order you'll have to perform these steps:

= Delete the production order.

= Change the plant of the sales order item from A to C.

This should be possible unless there are other documents which are already assigned to this sales    order item. Save.

= Create a new production order and assign it to the sales order item again.

I hope I am able to help you with this information.

Best Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

zgius16
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Joshi.

I thought it was a matter of Costs, but i want to add some details. The following scenarios are within an Intercompany process, which in some cases might require some modifications:

Examples:

Scenario 1

From cross company flow

• - Customer Sales Order and Invoice made by Company A, while Shipping is made by Plant B from Company B
  • - Company B produces and ships from Plant B and creates an invoice to A.

To Cross Company Flow with Transfer Order

• - Customer Sales Order and Invoice made by Company A, shipping is made by Plant A
  • - Company B produces from Plant B and ships and invoices to A

Scenario 2

From Cross Company flow with Transfer Order

• - Customer Sales Order and Invoice made by Company A, shipping is made by Plant A
  • - Company B produces from Plant B and ships and invoices to A

To Cross Company flow

• - Customer Sales Order and Invoice made by Company A, while Shipping is made by Plant B from Company B
  • - Company B produces and ships from Plant B and creates an invoice to A.

What might change is the Shipping plant (to Customer) but not the Production Plant. Related to the Costs I have the Intercompany Invoice, active and passive, which compensates the Costs for a Company and the Revenues for the other one.

In our System COPA is not active.

We only have the issue when Account Assignment Category is set to E.

Even if we delete the Production Order, the block still persists since there is a Sales Order BOM , which is linked to the Production Plant that doesn’t change.

How should these Plant changes be managed, according to SAP best practises?

Thanks in advance,

Giuseppe

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What might change is the Shipping plant (to Customer) but not the Production Plant. Related to the Costs I have the Intercompany Invoice, active and passive,    

What do you mean by Passive Intercompany invoice??

zgius16
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

for passive intercomapny invoice I mean the billing between B and A:

- From B to A is ative invoice

- From A to B in Passive invoice tipically via EDI (like MIRO).

See picture below:

Thanks & regards

Giuseppe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about Inter company sales or intercompany STO???

If it is Intercompany sales---I think there is a Flaw here in your screen shot...

Step-1: Sales order for customer

Step-2: Plant A sends an intercompany PO to plant B(which is a Flaw)

(this is not at all observed in Intercompany sales--will be available only in Inter/Intra company STO)

Note: You will not have PO in Intercompany sales.

Step-3: Delivery/Goods Issue from Plant B to Plant A(Which is again a Flaw)

Note: In intercompany sales supply plant will directly sends the Goods to end customer--Not to the plant who ordered the stock.--This will be observed only in Inter/Intra company STO)

Please provide the Source of this screen shot...Will give more clarity..

Phanikumar

zgius16
Participant
0 Kudos

The screen shot only served to answer the question on the invoices received (Passive invoice).

I do not want to focus on this, the intercompany flow (direct or indirect) is clear.

The question that I ask is that in the scenario MTO with Sales order BOM is no longer possible to change the shipping plant. Is it possible to change this behavior?

Thanks & regards

Giuseppe

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to carry out the coding corrections as recommended in the following note:-

• Note 180666 - V1810 for change of plant

G. Lakshmipathi

zgius16
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

thank you for your replay but this note is already implemented.

Now we are using the 6.05 release but the problem seems not to be fixed.

Do you have any other ideas?

Best regards,

Giuseppe

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are sure that the said note is in place and the coding corrections are taken care of in your system, then you can raise an OSS message.  Don't go with any customization without consulting SAP.  Most importantly, please share once SAP responds

G. Lakshmipathi