Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during summer time switch with all date functions

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

During the summertime switch, we faced some issues in MII (12.1.9 Build(116)).

We are receiving the date/time in GMT XML format from our shop floor system.

I noticed when the date/time is between 02:00 and 03:00, all date functions are not working in expression editor (like in assign block).

For example : datefromxmlformat("2014-03-30T02:00:01","yyyyMMdd HHmmss") will return nothing... Even adding the Z to tell it's UTC does not help :

datefromxmlformat("2014-03-30T02:00:01Z","yyyyMMdd HHmmss"), but no success...

Even worst, the expression dateaddminutes("2014-03-30T02:00:01","10") will lead to a conversion exception...

Is there a solution to this ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

This has come up a number of times over the years.  The last I had heard was that it was actually a Java issue rather than MII.  But if you are also working with historians there could be some other issues in retrieving their data.  I would spend some time searching on "Daylight Savings Time", SAP, MII in this custom Google search: Google Custom Search- SAP Community Network Search.  There are threads going back several years that are still valid.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike, I already did a quick search in this forum and didn't found anything relevant, I will check your google search...

Regards

Olivier

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again,

unfortunately, I didn't found exactly how to fix that... You said it's a java problem, ok, but then what should we do ? We have 1.5.0.45 installed.

I can use a SQL function, but will prefer for performance balancing to do this in MII itself...

Regards

Olivier

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Sorry, I don't remember which versions of Java go with which versions of MII, but suspect the fix may be with going to Java 1.6.

Most of the threads which were relevant to MII and Daylight Savings Time were from two or more years ago which would be consistent with your version of MII.

If I have some time today, I will see if I can find some of the relevant Discussions.

Cheers, Mike

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Server Downtime, Daylight saving time, and Time Shift - Using Central Development Services - SAP Lib...

Hi Olivier,

These all cover the topic, but many are for MII versions prior to yours.  However each has some explanations which are worth reading.  I would recommend the last one for an explanation of how Java and schedulers work during DST.

Regards, Mike

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback, but unfortunately I still don't see how to fix this. In the articles, they are talking about issue with java 1.4.... But we are running 1.5.

I think we will open a ticket, so SAP support guys can have a look at our system and check what's wrong.

Regards

Olivier

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is probably the best bet at this time.

I am not sure 12.1 is still in maintenance, but I guess you will find out from their response.

Good luck!

Answers (0)