cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload of Design Studio SDK extension to BI platform failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Design Studio (SDK) friends,

I created my own extension via Design Studio 1.3 SDK. It works fine in local mode. Than I uploaded it to our BI platform by using the menu entry "platform extensions" in Design Studio. Nice, it works, even on iPad.

Because of some changes we undeployed / removed this extension from the BI platform (vie Design Studio 1.3).

Now, after correcting the extension we would like to upload it again, but it is not possible. Following error message is shown:

"One or more extensions failed to install

Failed to access plugin JAR file of extension "myOwnExtension" (id: de.mycompany.myOwnExtension)"

Other extensions can still uploaded. System is going to undeploy them and reinstall them without any error.

The extension, which could not be uploaded, works fine in local mode. The correction changes were small, like changes in css-file and in the component.js-file.

Do you have any idea, why the system could not access to the plugin JAR file?

Many thanks for your helping and support.

Kind regards

Patrick

Following the complete Error-Log:

com.sap.ip.bi.zen.connectivity.ConnectivityException: Failed to access plugin JAR file of extension "myOwnExtension" (id: de.mycompany.myOwnExtension)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.backends.bip.BiPlatformSystem.deployExtensions(BiPlatformSystem.java:1999)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog.installExtensions(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:278)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog$5.run(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:196)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog.runInstallExtensionsAndShowWarning(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:192)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog.installButtonClicked(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:151)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.PlatformExtensionsDialog$2.installClicked(PlatformExtensionsDialog.java:98)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.sdk.SDKExtensionsTable$2.widgetSelected(SDKExtensionsTable.java:126)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:826)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:802)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.dialogs.ZenTrayDialog.open(ZenTrayDialog.java:112)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.util.SdkHelper.showDeployExtensionsDialog(SdkHelper.java:75)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.backendspecific.BackendSpecificUiHandlerAdapter$2.widgetSelected(BackendSpecificUiHandlerAdapter.java:122)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)

at com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.internal.application.ZenApplication.start(ZenApplication.java:36)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I could solve this issue by myself.

I found following discussion:

Because design studio uninstalled my own extension not correctly the *.jar file was missing in the folder:

C:\Users\<myUser>\Analysis-config\plugins

and could not found, while uploading the extension to BIP.

Steps for solving:

1. uninstalling the extension

2. deleting all files in the folder (see above)

3. reinstalling the extension

4. uploading the extension to BIP (it work again)

Kind regards and thanks to all, who thought about my problem.

Patrick

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I'm currently facing a similar problem, but in Local Mode.

I have deleted the .jar files from the folder and installed one of my extensions again. But I face a problem with my other extension. When I try to install it, I get the following error message

in my console

When I restart Design Studio, the extension isn't installed.
Does anyone have experience with this issue?
Regards,
Julien
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

Actually we are facing the same issue.

We had created a SDK component and when we try to import it in Design Studio but instead of Jar file Folder is extracted and Jar file is missing.

Do you have any idea, why we don't get Jar file because other components(designed by SDN community) is providing Jar file in Plugin folder.

Many thanks in advance,

Nikunj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikunj,

if you still need the solution:

you should unselect the checkbox in the feature.xml of your plugin's feature project (see http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD16/en/ds_16SP01_dev_guide_en.pdf, Chapter 3.3.2, Step 😎

After that export the deployble feature, reinstall the plugin in your Design Studio and try to deploy the extension again.

Best regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

following some additional information:

While installing the extension on my Design Studio client (integration the *.zip file) I found out that for the depending extension the information ".jar" is missing:

But when I look into the zip file, the file looks right and has the ending ".jar":

Does anybody know, why this JAR-Ending is missing?

Kind regards

Patrick