Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration monitor - Reload DB problem

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I just migrated an SAP system from linux platform to windows problem, everything went well, and now, I would like to overwrite the current database with a new EXPORT files.

I exported the source system again, file structures and its contents were created well, and then I would like to import the EXPORTS into the system again, without using sapinst tools but using sap migration monitor, with command : import_monitor.bat

during the import, I met difficulties, please refer to the pictures I attached.

Do I need to remove all database objects before I reload the db again.

Please share your experience. Thanks a lot

Fresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fresh,

Actually I just want to overwrite the current system with a new EXPORT of the source system.

You need to wash out previous data files first before re execution of import process with available export data .

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fresh,

Please follow SAP Note 1233860 - ORA-00955 "Name is already used by existing object"

and SCN link

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply, I have checked this notes before but this is not for my case.

Actually I just want to overwrite the current system with a new EXPORT of the source system. with migration monitor tools, it calls R3load to execute the load procedure.

Best regards,

Fresh

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fresh,

You need to cleanup existing database before you perform the import. Else you will landup in issues which you face now.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for you reply.

Could you let me know how to cleanup existing database without deleting the database/datafiles? because I think the migration monitor only do IMPORT tasks, it will not create database, so we can not delete the whole database, am I right?

Best regards,

Fresh

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fresh,

You may use SAPinst tool to perform import using migration monitor. There is an option for the same.

You need to drop the database and data files before you execute sapinst for db import.

SAPinst will re-create database and import the content from the export files.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You're true Distmon won't recreate the Oracle instance, database, datafiles & so on.

Distmon is only loading data in an existing DB.

You could reset all the already created/loaded objects using the drop user cascade command.

drop user sapsr3 cascade;

This will delete all the objects related to the SAP schema but will leave the DB, tablespace and datafiles

Regards

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e26088/statements_9008.htm