Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Risk id's not showing in ruleset in production

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have created new risk id's in GRC development and it is working fine and is present in the ruleset but when we transported the ruleset to production the Risk Id's are not showing up in the Setup -> Access Risks path. All old risk id's are present except for the new ones.

But, when I run the risk analysis report the New Risk Id's are visible but their risk description is not present (old risk id's description is present) so I clicked on new risk id and it is showing completely same as development.

Risk Analysis reports are running fine and new risk id's are working in production but their risk description is not empty.

Can anyone please advise if I need to perform any step or this is a bug ?

PS: I generated the SOD rules in production after importing the transport.

Regards,

Salman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

issue resolved.

Created dummy entry directly in production NWBC but did not saved it and suddenly the SETUP -->Access risk table updated with the new risk id's.

Strange but got it resolved somehow

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Did you notice the refresh link at right bottom. My be it was trying to refresh.

For any report, first make sure the refesh is up to date.

Thanks

Prem

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

I never clicked on the refresh link but I logged off and login back many times so I thought it would refresh whole thing isn't it ?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes this is strange may be some memory issues, if possible can u try by deleting some risk ids from the SET UP-->Access Risks may be after deleting some memory get free and your new risks id may be shown at that place.

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

I Don't want to delete any existing risk ids in production. Is there any memory parameter related to this so we can increase the size and bounce the system?

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I searched all SAP notes, SDN post and ran SOD Generation, Batch risk Analysis job inc but still I cannot find the New risk id's in the path SETUP -> Access Risks..

New Risk id's and description is available in Access Rule summary.

Running risk aalysis reports at the user level and role level shows new risk id's in the report but the description field is empty..

Did anyone faced this strange issue so far ?

PS: GRC Dev is fine. Problem is with Production GRC after importing the transport.

Regards,

Salman

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Salman

Are you able to mass export your rule set from Production via IMG download? You can compare PROD to DEV to see if the data is all in Production. This may assist identifying where your issue is

Also, are your connector groups the same for the logical systems between the two?

Regards

Colleen

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Colleen,

Yes  logical.Connector name is same. The data is present in the access rule summary report and new risk I'ds are present in prod even the risk analysis reports at user level shows the new risk ids but description field is empty for only new risks but if click on risk I'd it shows description And data

I will export prod ruleset and compare

regards,

Salman

Message was edited by: Salman Khan

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Salman

Which tables were in your transport? Did it include table GRACSODRISKT for your risk descriptions?

From what you describe everything is there but the risk description? Or is something else missing?

Have you checked authorizations to see if you are restricted on an object in the Setup > Risks?

Regards

Colleen

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Problem is new risk id's and its description are not showing up in SETUP -> Access Risks in NWBC. I checked tables in SAP GUI GRC and found new risk id's and also descriptions present in prod.

I could not find anything related to this on SAP portal

Yes, transport contains GRACSODRISKT and transport went successfully to production.

GRACFUNC

GRACFUNCACT

GRACFUNCPRM

GRACFUNCPRMEXTN

GRACFUNCT

GRACORGRULE

GRACORGRULEHDR

GRACORGRULET

GRACRULESET

GRACRULESETT

GRACSODRISK

GRACSODRISKFUNC

GRACSODRISKOWN

GRACSODRISKRS

GRACSODRISKT

GRACSUPPRULE

GRACSUPPRULEHDR

GRACSUPPRULET

It doesn't look like a authorization issue as I have assigned myself full access.

Regards,

Salman

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal/Akshay/Friends,

Looks like Access Rule Summary Report is displaying the new risk id's and description as well. Why do you think that Setup -> Access Risks --> don't show new risk id's ?

Still searching...

Regards,

Salman

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

I believe their may be some other memory issues as this cant be possible that its not showing data in the table in portal, you can try in the back end table try opening the below tables or you can schedule the Access Rule Summary Report with the new risk ids.

1.The tables in Back End are:

GRACSODRISK        Table for SOD Risks

GRACSODRISKRS    Table for SOD Risk Rule Relation

2.Try ion Access Rule Summary Report under Reports and Analytics Tab.

Put all the new risk ids in the parameters and run the report in background.

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Salman,

Can you please check inside the GRC AC Tables, if the description is defined properly or not for the new Risks in your production system.

GRACSODRISK – Risk Description Table

You already have mentioned that you generated the Rules, so I wont be taking benefit of the doubt to ask you for that.

But, however I would like to point, if you have checked for the descriptions in the Access Rules Summary?

Also as you mention that you transported the Rules (New ones) from DEV to PRD. What do you imply by transports? Are you suggesting the Download/Upload SoD Rules method you followed?

Regards,

Akshay