cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to Use Internal HU No on Barcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'day all,

Currently when we pick stock for customers the operator will scan an external number from a pre-printed label, this number eventually becomes the Delivery Handling Unit and the pre-printed label is manually written on by the operator and goes with the stock to the customer. The number is updated in the VEKP table as the Handling Unit (EXIDV) and assigned with the Internal HU (VENUM).

For certain materials we want to now suppress the screen input field to scan the external number in the picking screen and automatically assign the Internal HU number VENUM to the EXIDV field and the delivery and print it on a new Delivery Label at time of pick confirmation.

So basically I need assign VENUM to EXIDV in VEKP table and the delivery at time of picking.

I know the logic to seperate the materials just want to know any tips on function modules to assign VENUM in the EXIDV field at time of pick.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Luke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

With my little knowledge of HUM, Once you scan/ create  the external HU / internal HU system automatically generate the Internal HU number and the External / Internal HU number gets mapped with the Internal HU number in the table VEKP

The thing which i am not able to understand from your thread is

" You will suppress the input field for HU and want to automatically assign the Internal HU number VENUM to the EXIDV field and the delivery and print it on a new Delivery Label at time of pick confirmation."

Query

1) Once you will suppress the input field for HU what is the trigger point to create the value in the EXIDV which will generate VENUM  obviously once the VENUMis generated then only you will be able to replace the EXIDV field with VENUM (if possible) but first VENUM should get generated and i don't see any function module and exit which will help to suppress the entry of EXIDV and generate VENUM.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

With my limted knowledge of ABAP i was trying to understand the flow of HU number generation (V51S_CREATE_HU_HEADER) and found that technically system creates VENUM first and then EXIDV

EXIDV generation

and after generation of this there is a customer function available to update the value in VEKP at line number 364 at function module V51S_CREATE_HU_HEADER

so technically it looks possible however still the query is how the trigger will go to run the function module to create VENUM also i will suggest you to consult with your development team on this and one more thing to remember here that after all this there is a update program runs to update the status of HU so if you are making any change make sure the further status and other parameter are not getting change otherwise u will face inconsistency and probably will get some standard SAP error

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean you want to pick some materials to one HU (external number) and pick other materials on the same delivery (and TO) to another HU (with internal number)?
Or I misunderstood you...

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

is your storage location managed by HU?? I am talking about T001L-XHUPF field.