cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which application area do you use for UI2 NWBC?

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

FYI - This is probably more a clarification question for and co to help the community understand the situation.

With the new(ish) UI Add on version of NWBC, what application area should we be looking at for bugs/fixes in Service Marketplace?

E.g. Is Application Area BC-FES-BUS still applicable for UI2 NWBC?

The fact that the SAP NWBC Runtime Patch doesn’t actually include any /UI2/ files makes me think that “these are not the notes you’re looking for”. So with that, I’m assuming that if you use the /UI2/ version, you should only look in Application Areas: CA-UI2-INT-FE and CA-UI2-INT-BE

That said, you look at note 1854180 and it specifically talks about the /UI2/CL_NWBC* class but then you look at the corrections, and there's no updates to /UI2 objects.

So maybe to ask a more specific question; where do you go to find UI2 NWBC Runtime patches/hotfixes going forward? Do we look for "Corrections for SAP NetWeaver UI Add-On 1.0 SP0X" and have to apply a big update now for HTML backend updates? Or is "Hotfix 1.XX.XX for UI AddOn SP0X SC: UI2_SRVC" the replacement of this?

In short, I'm encountering a few anomalies between the old NWBC (which seems to work) versus the new one and I'm not sure how to check I've got all the latest front end fixes.

Note - Should NWBC Desktop also be relocated to the same place as I assume that will be a different release in the future for UI2 versus older NWBC versions, but assume that is still found in BC-FES-BUS???

So confused.

Thanks,

Matt

ps. I probably should add that I'm guessing you don't need to apply NWBC Runtime Patches going forward if using the UI2 version too???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Matt, hi everyone,

This is a question best answered by . Melinda -can you help?
Thanks Julie.

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Julie - Definitely think Melinda will know. Cheers!

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matt, and All,

sorry for the delay, I'm a bit drowned nowdays.

The best way to patch NWBC for HTML 3.6 (the version that is run with service ui2/nwbc) is via SAP_UI SPs, but "normal" PL Notes should also do the trick.

To handle incidents related to NWBC Runtime 3.6, still BC-FES-BUS* is the right component, as our Developers are working on this topic as well, and in case the issue is related to UI addon instead of NWBC, they can address the right Colleagues. It helps a lot, and saves time, when You - or all the other guys who are reporting issues - point out in the incident, that you use the "new" runtime.

NWBC Destkop: it can cooperate with the ui2/nwbc service as good as with the "old" one.

I hope I could help a bit.

Best regards

Melinda

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for stepping in while so swamped Melinda (we all love NWBC so it's a good thing right?). Just to clarify, whenever they provide a note to fix HTML 3.6 or the ui2/nwbc service for Desktop; will that appear under UI2 or BC-FES-BUS* ? It would be great going forward if they could be clear which versions of NWBC (html or desktop runtime) the fix applies to as while everything you say makes perfect sense; notes for NWBC seem to still be a bit confusing.

Cheers,

Matt

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is great that we all love NWBC, yes

Notes will appear for sure under BC-FES-BUS, if not as a primary component, then as a corresponding component. In the NWBC notes, it is always clarified, for which version the correction is for (if you check e.g 1353538, you can see the summary of all Notes, and the corrections that are in them).

BR

Melinda

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Melinda. Versions of software are clear, but I think that it is not so clear for 7.31 /ui2/nwbc versus /nwbc but at least 7.40 is clear (if we assume everyone is using ui2 version only).

Would be nice if you could relegate older NWBC SICF node functionality to a different area in my opinion.

Cheers,

matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I am glad I'm not the only one confused about this. You say...

In short, I'm encountering a few anomalies between the old NWBC (which seems to work) versus the new one and I'm not sure how to check I've got all the latest front end fixes.

I am encountering some "anomalies" too and have been back and forth with SAP who have asked me to update the NWBC Runtime Patch to 39... this is from component BC-FES-BUS-RUN

I did this today can see that it did apply to some of the /UI2 classes so I think both runtimes "NWBC" and "UI2" are part of the same patches at least. When I look at the code it looks like NWBC and UI2 runtimes have split and not all fixes etc... have been applied equally across both.

I hope someone can help us in our confusion.

Thanks,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I might be wrong but wherever UI2 doesn't override (or implement) something, the NWBC ABAP runtime (the old version) is used. Magic of ABAP OO.