Did you mean: 

Use of differnet radio buttons in QA07

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

What the basic difference between below radio buttons in qa07 :

Lot creation only : it will create lot only

To insp. stock at lot creation : It will create lot and post qty from un restricted to restricted

Block Batch at lot creation : It will create lot and block batch

but what's the use of To insp. stock at inp. date and block batch at inspection date .and how they are different from options above them

REgards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find lots of thread on SCN for this.

Please go through this link:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2101765

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip ,

Please refer my query to Nitin .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right. Inspection lot will not generat because it is not in open time period.

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip ,

I have tried a case with next inspection date as 1.1.2014 with current opening period in system as 06/2014 . But system is generating a lot with QA07 :

1. To insp. stock at insp. lot creation checked

2. Initial run in days = BLANK

In above case next inspection date lies outside the opening period and If I will use next inspection date after opening period then for sure I can create lot using big value in initial run in days then hoe opening period is affecting .

Regards

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to my above reply . I have noticed one other behavior of system that I want to understand .

When I have mentioned next inspection date as 4.7.2014 and selected " To insp. stock at inspection date" checked   ; intial run in days as 70 days then I got a inspection lot but with no transfer posting document .

Also when I am checking stock of that batch in MMBE its showing it under un restricted . In inspection lot during UD its also giving me option to post the stock . Howz it possible . If stock is still under unrestricted then why its asking me to post during UD .

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Opening period has nothing to do with financial periods.  It refers to the number of days you entered in the QA07 to run it.  (i.e. initial days).

As far as your last question, the 09's are stock relevant.  It requires a stock posting.  If the stock is in unrestricted stock, and you fail the lot, the material will be moved form UR to blocked stock.  If you pass the lot, the system documents the decision, (i.e. the UD) and does nothing stock wise since nothing is required, the stock is already in UR.  It's the way SAP wrote the code.

Craig

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig ,

But if opening period refers to Initial Run in days then whats the difference between "To insp stock at lot creation" and "To insp stock at inspection date" because in both cases it considers vale of intial run days

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig ,

The main difference is "To isnp stock at lot creation" always create a transfer posting document and "To insp stock at lot creation" creates when intial run days is blank and next inspection date is reached. So in case you are choosing "To insp. stock at lot creation" for next inspection date in future your stock remains in unrestricted when lot is created but during UD and stock posting you can take decision on this stock .

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm pretty confident in what it is doing.  🙂

The idea is that you use the "initial days" to create a window of dates to look for batches needing reinspection based on the next inspection date.  If this is window is just 1 or null it really has no affect regardless of what you pick.

The idea is to allow creation of the inspection lots well in advance of their actual inspection date.  To do this you select "to insp. stock at inspection date"   You don't want to remove the stock from UR and make it unavailable for use or sale but you want to start inspection. Than, IF you have not processed or sold the lot by the inspection date, or have not completed the UD on the 09 lot,  the transfer document is created and the stock is moved to QI stock and linked to the insp. lot.  You should be running the program every day in this case.  Ideally, you complete the re-inspection without the stock ever leaving UR.

If you use "to insp. stock at lot creation" and you use an initial window of 60 days, than you will still create the lot 60 days in advance but the stock goes to QI and is unavailable to sell or use.  Some folks like this because they don't want to ship something out to a customer that only has a minimum amount of time left on it.

It's simply your client's preference as to how they do it.

Craig

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig ,

I think we are saying one and the same thing in different words . But thanks a lot for explaining it in easy words .

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should refer the F1 help to understand the difference. It is mentioned about the difference of inspection date lying within the opening period & reaching the inspection date in two cases.

ntn

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

I have already gone through F1 . My doubt is what exactly here we are considering by "Opening period" . Is it MM/FI period we are talking about that if inspection date lies within current open FY period say ( 02/2014 and 03/2014  i.e may and june,2014) then only lot will get generated and if inspection date is say 6.7.2014 and I am executing report today with initial run days 90 days and to insp. stock at inp. lot creation checked then lot will not get generated as inspection date is not within opening period .

Please correct if I am wrong

Regards