cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MERGE TWO SMARTFORMS ON ONE PAGE FRONT & BACK

former_member257859
Participant
0 Kudos

I have two smartforms FM_NAME2 and FM_NAME and I am able to print on front and back on one page using duplex, But this does not work on HP LaserJet 600 M602.  I installed Driver ZHPLJCM1 in SPAD for this printer but cannot get the two smartforms to print front and back instead it prints two pages.  This code does work on another printer but need it to work on the HP 600.  Below is the code, can anyone offer any ideas on what I need to do?  Thanks

ls_output-tdfinal = ''.
        ls_output-tdimmed = ''.

CALL FUNCTION fm_name2
          EXPORTING
            control_parameters = gs_control_param
            output_options     = ls_output
            is_packlist_data   = i_packlist
            is_label_data      = ls_labdat
            user_settings      = space.

ls_output-tdfinal = 'X'.
        ls_output-tdimmed = 'X'.

CALL FUNCTION fm_name
          EXPORTING
            control_parameters = gs_control_param
            output_options     = ls_output
            is_packlist_data   = i_packlist
            zle_ps_header      = ls_header
            is_label_data      = ls_labdat
            user_settings      = space
          TABLES
            text_lines         = lt_text_lines
            vbpa               = lt_vbpa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All I know about SAP spool and printing ( but I'm by no means expert  and may be mistaken) tells me that the result on Xerox is an "accident" that shouldn't be happening ... I'd expect both device types to reset printer to default configuration after printing every form.

What SAP device types are in use - Postscript or PCL? You could try to save the files sent to printer for analysis by enabling "Retain Print file" under Edit->Test tool in SPAD:

and retrieving it in output request:

That may help to understand what's going on and why the difference.

cheers

Jānis

former_member257859
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for your help.  I found by changing the Device Type to POST2 on the HP printer it fixed my problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thangam_perumal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Please save smartforms into PDF report, check now whether printing in duplex mode or what?

if not working in pdf report printer is the problem.

Regards,

Thangam.P

former_member257859
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked my spool file and it has 3 pages.  When i print this spool file to our Xerox printer it prints front and back on 1st page and front of page 2 which is what I want.  But if I print this same spool file to our HP printer it print front on page 1 then prints front and back on page 2.  I do not want page 1 back to be blank.  I checked SPAD for both printers and set up exactly the same.