Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to CTS+

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Please consider this scenario.

1. System DE1 has SLD, DEV and NWDI and runs CMS.

2. DE* Landscape is moving to CTS+, but cannot utilize DE1 due to SLD,DEV, NWDI being on the same system (recomended No No)

3. So the responsibility of NWDI and CM Services has been given to another NWDI - TEW (SLD on TED).

Migration Approach (Application "POC" with history (DTR Migration)??

i think we can do this. let me know if its the proper thing

1. Migrate CMS from DE1 to CMS on TEW -> Switch to CM Services -> Configure CTS+

or

2. Migrate directly to CM Services on TEW which would already have CTS+.

Regards,

VB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

The standards are in but the customs are failing saying

Analyze effect of applied changes to buildspace state... started at 2014-06-23 18:39:44.305 GMT

INVALID DEPENDENCIES: The following dependencies of the DCs in this request are being marked as invalid as they refer to non-existent public parts.

'com/charm/charmtest/bpm/dummy' DC of 'CHARM-TESTBPM-SC_TESTBPM' compartment USES 'sap.com/bie/sca/scdl/contributors/glx' DC, does not exist [public-part: def] AS Build-Time Dependency

[validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED]: Invalidated

'com/charm/charmtest/bpm/dummy' DC of 'com_CHARM-TESTBPM-SC_TESTBPM' compartment USES 'sap.com/tc/bpem/bi/bp/buildtool' DC, does not exist [public-part: def] AS Build Plugin Dependency

[validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED]: Invalidated

Regards,

VB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

You need to add the Software Dependencies related to your version. Error is due to missing dependencies.

Please refer SAP Note :1457908 for the required SCs.

After adding of dependencies , technicals need to make some changes for suitable to 7.3 environment. Make the code error free , build and deploy.

Regards,

Sweta Sharma

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks this was helpful

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to put the required SCAs, but the synchronization service seems not to identify them.

No corresponding SCA file found in inbox for this software component to be imported. If you need to import an SCA file, copy it to the inbox folder and re-execute the synchronization

The other SCAs detected are named like

sap.com~BI-WDALV~SAP AG~20130515200400.sca

the ones i am downloading are like

BPEMBASE08_0-20007091.SCA

Whats the point being missed here?

Regards,

VB

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

We have our CTS System visible in CM Services.

We are following How To... Switch to CM Services & How To... Configure CM Services in SAP NetWeaver 7.3 and up

We have our CTS System visible in CM Services.

We started the synchronization services with the dependent components and the Application Software components that needs to be migrated here.

The CBS and DTR are build and created, but no DCs are visible.

I am bit confused about what was left.

Regards,

Varun Biswas

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use NWDI in DE*.

the sap notes says you should not put nwdi in a system which is configured as runtime system

in reality will you use nwdi to deploy to dev system where nwdi is running? never be the case for me.

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well actually in reality this was the case and we are moving out of it.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you mean "moving out"

just don't configure the dev as runtime system, then you are good

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Its a corporate decision. Things will move to CM Services then CTS and then ChaRM and hence to a central NWDI and hence the migration and hence the this discussion on migration.

We understand that to implement CTS+ the same instance if runs NWDI and DEV cannot be configured for CM Services. So we needed some help on the aproach.

Now we are upgrading our central NWDI SLD content to support 7.31 runtime systems. We would create CTS Dev Conf and migration the other Applicatino from local NWDI to central NWDI.

Any lookouts?

Regards,

Varun Biswas