cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed System Configuration: Test RFC returns "BACK RFC:Name or password is incorrect"

HenryLeung
Explorer
0 Kudos

In the Connect Managed System step of Managed System Configuration, I created the RFCs and users for the RFC without any problem.  But when I click the Test RFC button, I'm getting the following:

BACK RFC:Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts

BACK RFC:Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

LOGIN-Destination SM_QA1CLNT300_LOGIN created

Destination SM_QA1_TRUSTED_BACK created

TRUSTED-Destination SM_SM1CLNT100_TRUSTED created

Destination SM_SM1_TRUSTED_BACK created

TRUSTED-Destination SM_QA1CLNT300_TRUSTED created

BACK-Destination SM_SM1CLNT100_BACK with User SMB_QA1 created successfully

Roles already existed and were assigned to user SMB_QA1

User SM_SM1 has changed

Role SAP_SOLMAN_READ has been uploaded to the managed system QA1~300

Customer role ZSAP_SOLMAN_READ has been created as a copy of SAP role SAP_SOLMAN_READ

Changes already exist completely

Roles already existed and were assigned to user SM_SM1

Operation successfully executed

User SMTMSM1 has changed

Role SAP_SOLMAN_READ has been uploaded to the managed system QA1~300

Customer role ZSAP_SOLMAN_READ has been created as a copy of SAP role SAP_SOLMAN_READ

Role SAP_SOLMAN_TMW has been uploaded to the managed system QA1~300

Customer role ZSAP_SOLMAN_TMW has been created as a copy of SAP role SAP_SOLMAN_TMW

Roles already existed and were assigned to user SMTMSM1

Operation successfully executed

User SMB_QA1 has changed

Customer role ZSAP_SOLMAN_BACK has been created as a copy of SAP role SAP_SOLMAN_BACK

The user SMB_QA1 in SM is locked so I unlocked it. But it will be locked again after I click Test a few times. I tried the following without success:

• Executing Generate User and Password again.
  • Manually changing the password using SU01 and entering the password with Generate User Specify Password.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Henry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

Please check for the mentioned RFCs in SM59 in both Managed System and Solution Manager system.

1. Unlock Users--> 2. Change Password Manually in All the RFCs to the Managed  System from Solution Manager System.

Specify the password manually in all the RFC in T-Code- SM59 and do a connection test. If the connection test passes. You can skip creating RFCs from Managed system setup.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Saurabh

HenryLeung
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is what I have to do.  Thanks Saurabh for suggesting this.  I'm guessing the cause is the version of our managed system is old.  It is still using the Old Password Rules.  I have to reset the password for SMB_QA1 and change it to use the Old Password Rules.  Then it works.

Thanks,

Henry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Please provide SolMan version with SPS level.

Also, the back RFC is maintained in a managed system to set-up a connection to SolMan system.

As you have already tried regenerate user & password / provide existing passwords, you may as well try the below approach -

Delete user SMB_QA1 from Solman system, and then use option Generate user & password.

It should work. In the mean-time provide SolMan version & SPS level so that we can check if there is a valid SAP note for your condition.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

P.S. - I hope you are not using SolMan 7.1 SPS 10, as it has a lot of issues here and there. SPS 8 & SPS 11 are very reliable instead.

HenryLeung
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tanmeya,

We do have 7.1 SP10.  Would you recommend us upgrading to SP11?  I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks,

Henry

HenryLeung
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, that did not work.

Thanks,

Henry