Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM OIF - Event Handling - Howto?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm somewhat new to WDA FPM and need some help on identifying the event as on the apps toolbar and where to handle it?

--> Screen shot of the comp configurator

Each of the view tab are handled as a different view but the apps toolbar is something i need to focus on to read the trigger event and do a set of specific process. I dont know on how to link or find the objects linked to the apps tool bar of the webdynpro comp....appreciate on some pointer/inputs on how to figure it out ........

i'm stil working on how to find the place where the events are handled.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

When the toolbar button is pressed, an FPM event will be raised, you can get this event data in parameter IO_EVENT of method PROCESS_EVENT in WD Component of the UIBB. For example, in your screenshot, please view method PROCESS_EVENT of WD Component /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_CTR_CA_OVR to see how the button event is handled.

To be able to make full use of FPM, you will need to understand fully the FPM Event Loop. Please check out this document.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/de/7e/fe639fce43423c88b84010da3add5e/content.htm?frameset...

Also, please checkout the FPM Developer Guide, it cover all aspects of FPM development.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c01204ee-d5c1-2f10-a4b2-dbcb41607...

Hope it helps. Cheers!

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Thao

I did already check the the process_event in the wd component but nothing is enhanced or defined there and also the view in the screen shot is very specific to the overview screen but i need to locate the class/component where the event are handled and appropriate actions are taken

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a way to find the class that handles this event loop specific for this webdynpro application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

There is no single centralized place where all toolbar actions are handled in FPM OIF. In fact, it is based on the UIBB/GUIBBs that are displayed in the screen to determine the places where the toolbar actions is handled.

For example, even you click on the same toolbar button, but in different Main View (tab), different PROCESS_EVENT methods will be called to handle the event.

Hence, if you want to figure out where the actions is handled, you need to check on the PROCESS_EVENT method of the WD Component (UIBB) or on PROCESS_EVENT method of Feeder Class of a GUIBB (Form/List/Search/etc).

If the toolbar button is a standard event, you may want to run report RS_ABAP_SOURCE_SCAN, key in the package of the FPM Application, and search for CL_FPM_EVENT=>GC_EVENT_ to see where the events are handled.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

just on debuggin i found the class /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_MAP_IDENT_CTR and the method HANDLE_EVENT which handles the process for the web dynpro application...now still trying to get the point how this class is linked and how it can be determined with the info available in hand

Answers (0)